Help Needed! Chloe is in heat and wont stop urinating in her kennel....

cstanhopescott

May 28, 2015
Colorado Springs, CO
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe
Chloe is my 2 year old olde english bully and i believe she is in her heat cycle not sure how far along in the cycle she is. i noticed blood on 5/26 very little amount. I am gone for work approximately 9 hours and she is now urinating in her kennel an then has no problem laying in it...gross i know. it also appears the urine is concentrated but i stopped giving her water before i leave for work after i take her potty. she has no bedding in her kennel. any clues tips hints as to why she is doing this would be greatly appreciated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could she possibly have a UTI? I would have it checked

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@cstanhopescott Are you sure she is in heat? She may have a UTI. If you are with holding water, it could make it worse. Sometimes when they are in heat, they may feel a little pressure, but I would have her checked for a UTI. You should never with hold water-unless for some odd reason the vet tells you to.

OP
cstanhopescott

cstanhopescott

May 28, 2015
Colorado Springs, CO
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe
i havent with held water the past two days i just havent before work, she has been on the same routine since i got her at 7 weeks but in the past week she has been doing this. she has maybe 1 or 2 mishaps since ive owned her. but this past week has not been normal.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I have never had a female dog in heat, as I have always spayed my female dogs before they had their first heat, so I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I'm sure some of our breeders would know more about this subject and will come along soon and give you advice. What I do know about dogs in heat is that they do urinate more frequently, maybe due to them marking or due to more pressure or discomfort from them menstruating? Also sometimes I've heard that the heat cycle can cause an infection. Could she possibly have a bladder infection that is causing her to pee more often?
Also the heat cycle can cause Cysitis which is an inflammation of the area. I would keep an eye on her and if it doesn't clear up soon, or if she continues to pee often after her heat cycle, I would take her to the vet to check for a bladder infection or inflammation. I hope it clears up.

OP
cstanhopescott

cstanhopescott

May 28, 2015
Colorado Springs, CO
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe
Thank you viking, im hoping it is just because she is in heat cause i know she goes more frequently when she is but i was told it normally isnt concentrated. that is why i am concerned.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you viking, im hoping it is just because she is in heat cause i know she goes more frequently when she is but i was told it normally isnt concentrated. that is why i am concerned.

Please get a urine sample (1st one of the day if possible)
and drop off at Vet's, she may have UTI or, kidney issue.

Please let us know an update.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.