Help Needed! Sick puppy

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
Our female dixie had a c section last Thursday night and had 5 puppies and they have all been fine but now one of the smaller ones has gotten sick it nursed this morning and earlier in the evening but tonight it's having trouble breathing its starting to breathe through it's mouth and not it's nose and I've started sucking out the mucus but it's not helping much at all. It has alot of congestion and won't nurse. Any tips on what to do?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tagging some members to help! [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Take it to the vet asap, it probably has aspirated pneumonia, and may die if not given meds and not given O2 quickly.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Karley, I agree with David, your puppy needs to be checked out by the vet asap. They are too small to take any risks, and if he's having problems breathing the vet can assess what's causing the breathing problems and give him either medication or give him some oxygen to help him breathe. I hope he's okay, please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending prayers you baby is doing better

Keanebobulldogs

May 17, 2015
Country
Nottinghamshire
Bulldog(s) Names
Patch, Amy & Darcy
We had a litter of 2 and the girl did the same thing but she wouldn't nurse at all she was gasping for air, go to the vets they will put her on oxygen to help her breathe, we asked for the steroid shot and synulox drops which she had but it was too much for her, our good friend told us that if they have an infection not to have the steroid shot as it makes the infection worse.. Hope everything goes ok!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
How is your sick 'lil one?

And Momma & rest of precious ones?

Prayers over all & hugs for you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with David, the pup needs medical attention now before it's too late. :pray:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Our female dixie had a c section last Thursday night and had 5 puppies and they have all been fine but now one of the smaller ones has gotten sick it nursed this morning and earlier in the evening but tonight it's having trouble breathing its starting to breathe through it's mouth and not it's nose and I've started sucking out the mucus but it's not helping much at all. It has alot of congestion and won't nurse. Any tips on what to do?

Any update on the pup?

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Yes vet asap. Prayers. Please keep us posted

OP
K

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
Tagging some members to help! [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Take it to the vet asap, it probably has aspirated pneumonia, and may die if not given meds and not given O2 quickly.

Hi Karley, I agree with David, your puppy needs to be checked out by the vet asap. They are too small to take any risks, and if he's having problems breathing the vet can assess what's causing the breathing problems and give him either medication or give him some oxygen to help him breathe. I hope he's okay, please keep us posted.

Sending prayers you baby is doing better

We had a litter of 2 and the girl did the same thing but she wouldn't nurse at all she was gasping for air, go to the vets they will put her on oxygen to help her breathe, we asked for the steroid shot and synulox drops which she had but it was too much for her, our good friend told us that if they have an infection not to have the steroid shot as it makes the infection worse.. Hope everything goes ok!

How is your sick 'lil one?

And Momma & rest of precious ones?

Prayers over all & hugs for you!

Agree with David, the pup needs medical attention now before it's too late. [emoji14]ray:

Yes vet asap. Prayers. Please keep us posted

We took her to the vet early this morning and unfortunately it was too sick and died plus the vet said she was very premature but Dixie and the other 4 pups are doing perfectly fine and are healthy

Keanebobulldogs

May 17, 2015
Country
Nottinghamshire
Bulldog(s) Names
Patch, Amy & Darcy
We took her to the vet early this morning and unfortunately it was too sick and died plus the vet said she was very premature but Dixie and the other 4 pups are doing perfectly fine and are healthy

I'm so sorry, that's good news hope they all stay strong and healthy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry she did not make it... Hope all the others continue to thrive

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online