Interesting news from my vet regarding tear stains...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Who paid for the study....Iams??? I'm all for probiotics, but Prostora is probably not the only probiotic that works...My boys eat fresh, not canned, sauerkraut every day...here's their faces...View attachment 87513my Mr Tongue and Mr Toofie...

Your boys also eat homemade raw… which is better for them than dry kibble. I remember eating SO much sauerkraut in Germany, I'm sure that Walter would love it!!! Lol I'm not sure who paid for the study… but you have a valid point.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree that probiotics help with tear stains but as far as using that product in particular.....? That kinda sounds like a sales pitch. There's tons of great probitic choices out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing she said to me that this one was specially formulated for dogs… is there such a thing?!! [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would think "natural" probiotics would be just as good, if not better, than a pharmaceutical product. But maybe this Prostora is more concentrated in their probiotics and you don't need to give as much (?)

I had no idea that sauerkraut was good for our bulldogs, @RiiSi. I know it's great for humans but yes, your kids look great! :)
@ddnene, I'm so done with the eye issues too. I do not want Tate to get surgery for all the obvious reasons so I'm hoping to get the tearing under control too. The vet did say it's more of a cosmetic issue in his case but she also rx'd him some eye ointment antibiotics b/c they were a little red and irritated looking.

I'm right there with you… I'm willing to try anything to get it under control.

Members online

No members online now.