ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well Mr. Wally is doing great… BUT his eyelashes will have to be re-done a second time to make sure they don't grow back. She would like to give it at least a month, and I told her that I almost had a dang stroke the LAST time he went under. She assured me that he did absolutely fine under the anesthesia, but she at least understands our concerns.

He no longer has to use the Advantage Multi because his demodex is completely gone, so she once again put him on Sentinel for worms and she also gave him Bravecto for fleas and ticks. I have never heard of this before, supposedly it works for 12 weeks. Now he's not due for any of his meds till the first of the month but I was curious if anyone had heard of this before?!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Wow, only wants to wait a month huh.. I guess they don't want to wait for it to grow back?

I give mine Bravecto too. It's still new but I like it. Thing is, it only works against the Lone Star tick for 8 weeks. My vet said that particular one isn't common here so we shouldn't worry. I'm gonna guess it's not prevalent in TN either?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wow, only wants to wait a month huh.. I guess they don't want to wait for it to grow back?

I give mine Bravecto too. It's still new but I like it. Thing is, it only works against the Lone Star tick for 8 weeks. My vet said that particular one isn't common here so we shouldn't worry. I'm gonna guess it's not prevalent in TN either?

Yeah… she checked his eyes really good today. I know she wants to make sure that the hairs don't grow back… Ugh, I know he did fine but JESUS my nerves :fie: What do you give your boys for worms?!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yeah… she checked his eyes really good today. I know she wants to make sure that the hairs don't grow back… Ugh, I know he did fine but JESUS my nerves :fie: What do you give your boys for worms?!!

I know.. having them go under. .:nervous:..

I use Heartgard Plus. Blue, who reacts badly to pretty much everything tolerates Heartgard so I have them both on it.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Ok, i just hope he did not have to be put under again.

I use to use frontline. Harvey has his usual baths and loves it. I discontinued using it after I did not see any evidence of fleas and ticks on him.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Omg... another surgery? Is she trying to get us into the crazy house:blink:

I don't give any regular pills for anything... we don't have heart worm here and I just give for fleas in summer months, but I use the drops. I deworm them but probably not as often as i should... the vet says every 3 months but we only do it once a year if even:ashamed: they've never had any worms in their poop after deworming so I'm not very concerned about regular worms. I don't know... maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I try to do what i think is best:blush2:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg... another surgery? Is she trying to get us into the crazy house:blink:

I don't give any regular pills for anything... we don't have heart worm here and I just give for fleas in summer months, but I use the drops. I deworm them but probably not as often as i should... the vet says every 3 months but we only do it once a year if even:ashamed: they've never had any worms in their poop after deworming so I'm not very concerned about regular worms. I don't know... maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I try to do what i think is best:blush2:

I KNOW… I told her that we almost had mental breakdowns the first time. She said in most cases it takes 2 times to make sure that the eyelashes do NOT come back. I feel horrible, but it's his eyes… I can't refuse surgery on something so this… Ugh… :gloom:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I KNOW… I told her that we almost had mental breakdowns the first time. She said in most cases it takes 2 times to make sure that the eyelashes do NOT come back. I feel horrible, but it's his eyes… I can't refuse surgery on something so this… Ugh… :gloom:

Ja, I hear you:( Not to freak you out but Boeboe had 5 eye operations for Entropion... then I, and the vet said enough. She's on daily drops for dry eye now and her eyes are looking good thankfully.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ja, I hear you:( Not to freak you out but Boeboe had 5 eye operations for Entropion... then I, and the vet said enough. She's on daily drops for dry eye now and her eyes are looking good thankfully.

GOOD GRIEF!!! How many entropion surgeries do they have to do?!! I'm like you, if it takes daily drops then I'm ok w/it… Lol

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
GOOD GRIEF!!! How many entropion surgeries do they have to do?!! I'm like you, if it takes daily drops then I'm ok w/it… Lol

It could be fixed with one but the vet we got recommended to use was NOT good:( We had just moved from the capital to a smaller town and a coworker to my husband recommended this vet, it's a miracle nothing happened to her. When he called after the surgery the first thing he said was that she got sick when she woke up, I had a breakdown right there, but she had only thrown up so she was fine... but seriously, who starts a conversation like that!?! All this happened before I found EBN so I was a wreak and didn't know anything:ashamed:

We took her back to our original vet after that and he did correctional surgery on her as the first operation was unsuccessful. Her eyes are very difficult though, they are very droopy. But so far so good, she's not pawing her eyes anymore and if I manage the drops her eyes don't tear much either:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:faint: I am sending you a case of wine for the next eye lash procedure! Never heard of Bravecto.... gonna go look it up

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.