Swollen paws

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My Winnie seems to get bit by something in between his paws every summer causing them to swell, and have pimple looking things on them. I don't think it is yeast, but I could be wrong. The pimple things will burst open after a couple of days causing a crusty surface around the sore. Please help!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
please post pics. It could be interdigital cyst furuncle. It is very red swollen bump between each paw. If at the onset, it is treated by the paws on warm water with epsom salt.

Welcome to EBN. Lots of knowledgeable folks to provide their experiences.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
please post pics. It could be interdigital cyst furuncle. It is very red swollen bump between each paw. If at the onset, it is treated by the paws on warm water with epsom salt.

Welcome to EBN. Lots of knowledgeable folks to provide their experiences.
[MENTION=11843]hilarylogan[/MENTION] -
Agree - Sounds like interdigital cyst - epsom salt soaks are best to dry them out, you can use some neosporin if they pop. And to prevent, try your best to wipe paws after each walk, with some witch hazel on wipes, or a quick soak. Esp in between toes, and under pads.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Picture would really help if you can post one for us.... but try the Epsom salt soak and give a Benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day... since you are saying it is summer related, could be environmental allergy

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.