2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi All,

We just got back from the Vet and Boris should be fine. The vet was not concerned as Boris was still eating anything and had tons of energy and went #1 and #2 while we were there (outside of course). The vet looked at the stool and said it looked healthy with a slight mixture of plants... She said there was no real concern for taking an Xray as Boris showed now signs of pain or discomfort while she did her examination of his stomach and lower intestines (She really got in there). She said its possible if he ate something that it could still be in his stomach and he very well could vomit it up. I drew her a picture of the bit of bone and stated that it gets really rubbery and easy falls apart once he gets started on it (I took it away as soon as i saw it Saturday night it was not something i gave him or would give to him). She gave him a shot to help settle the stomach and also supplied us 2 bland perscription food cans (grain and chicken free) along with 7 Matronidazole pills (1 a day for 7 days) and told us to keep an eye on him. If anything arises we'll go back and get Xrays taken, but she really thought he'll be OK.

He weighed in at 36.2 lbs from his previous 41 lbs 4 months ago when he got neutered which was nice to see :) She also stated that his rear hips seem to feel a little more secure than his previous visit. We'll continue on this roller coaster at full force!

Thanks for all the good vibes everyone!

View attachment 87463View attachment 87464

he is so comfy on that chair! Glad he seems to just be under the weather and still hoping it all passes without any other issues. thanks for the update

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Matt, you have been given great advice already and you are on top of it with the vet. I have been through this with Dozer on 4 different occasions as he loves to swallow socks. He always has been able to either throw them up or poop them out. He always acts normal, plays, eats, drinks and has the same energy, but then one day he will poop out a sock.
There was only one time that he showed signs of obstruction, he started with diarrhea, he vomited a few times, and he was lethargic. We took him to the vet and she examined his tummy and said she could feel a mass, we thought it might be some paper towel, and she gave him some IV fluids, some pain medication, and she took an X-ray which only showed a shadow, that something was there. She sent him home with a high fibre wet food to help move his bowels, and later that night he pooped out a sock, and then was completely back to himself. Just continue to keep an eye on him and be a poop detective, watch his poops for a few days to see if he passes anything. It can take time sometimes for them to pass an object they've swallowed. It took Dozer a whole month before to throw up a sweat sock that he had swallowed, and he never showed any signs, he acted normal the whole time. Hopefully the vomiting passes or he passes the bone if he has swallowed it. I hope Boris feels better soon, and is back to himself. Please keep us posted.

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hi Matt, you have been given great advice already and you are on top of it with the vet. I have been through this with Dozer on 4 different occasions as he loves to swallow socks. He always has been able to either throw them up or poop them out. He always acts normal, plays, eats, drinks and has the same energy, but then one day he will poop out a sock.
There was only one time that he showed signs of obstruction, he started with diarrhea, he vomited a few times, and he was lethargic. We took him to the vet and she examined his tummy and said she could feel a mass, we thought it might be some paper towel, and she gave him some IV fluids, some pain medication, and she took an X-ray which only showed a shadow, that something was there. She sent him home with a high fibre wet food to help move his bowels, and later that night he pooped out a sock, and then was completely back to himself. Just continue to keep an eye on him and be a poop detective, watch his poops for a few days to see if he passes anything. It can take time sometimes for them to pass an object they've swallowed. It took Dozer a whole month before to throw up a sweat sock that he had swallowed, and he never showed any signs, he acted normal the whole time. Hopefully the vomiting passes or he passes the bone if he has swallowed it. I hope Boris feels better soon, and is back to himself. Please keep us posted.

Yeah the vet said the same exact thing about bulldogs being able to hold something in their stomachs for weeks before passing or vomiting it up. I think he really enjoyed his wet food last night cause after I put the can in the fridge he sat in front of it and cried for about 15 minutes. He's such a needy little baby sometimes.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and good vibes!

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Well The bone is still MIA, but Boris passed the insides of one of the toys he got in his monthly barkbox. I never imagined pulling 8 inches of whatever they stuff toys with out of my lil mans rear, he has a new found love for me and my gf now knows to look at his rear instead of just say "stop acting weird" as he shuffle his bum on the ground....

Never a dull moment xD

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well The bone is still MIA, but Boris passed the insides of one of the toys he got in his monthly barkbox. I never imagined pulling 8 inches of whatever they stuff toys with out of my lil mans rear, he has a new found love for me and my gf now knows to look at his rear instead of just say "stop acting weird" as he shuffle his bum on the ground....

Never a dull moment xD

:faint: he is doing better?

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
:faint: he is doing better?

Yeah he's doing great. He hasnt puked since we went to the Vet on Tuesday and he's been going to the bathroom and acting normal.I was out last night with work and got home late when I arrived I noticed he had done some damage to one of them while mom slept beside him. I cut open the matching toy to see what he had consumed and was terrified we'd be in the Vet again the next day, but false alarm he just needed some assistance and we've had the talk about supervising Boris with toys that are easily ripped apart :scared:

I have canceled our Barkbox subscription cause the toys are just BLAH for my bully.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah he's doing great. He hasnt puked since we went to the Vet on Tuesday and he's been going to the bathroom and acting normal.I was out last night with work and got home late when I arrived I noticed he had done some damage to one of them while mom slept beside him. I cut open the matching toy to see what he had consumed and was terrified we'd be in the Vet again the next day, but false alarm he just needed some assistance and we've had the talk about supervising Boris with toys that are easily ripped apart :scared:

I have canceled our Barkbox subscription cause the toys are just BLAH for my bully.

good he is acting normal and eating! excellent call on the barkbox

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Barkbox is so not bully friendly. Haha. Glad Boris is doing better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Wonderful News that Boris is doing better. Give that Precious Boy a Hug and Kiss from me and Elmo.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=13617]Enjoimangos[/MENTION]...Glad to hear Boris is feeling better he is so adorable♡

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Glad Boris is doing better!! Curly was diagnosed with Bilious Vomiting when he was a puppy so i was thinking it might be that - basically he gets sick if he has an empty stomach too long. When it happens, it's usually in the morning, and yellow bile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.