Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hi All,

Boris has been puking on and off for the last day and a half (9 times total). He still has an appetite and is going to the bathroom without any problems so I'm not too sure whats up, but I fear he has swallowed something. We are going to the Vet in a hour to get checked out. He's still acting fine and isnt lethargic, but the puking concerns me on day 2. My fingers are crossed that it's not the bone I told everyone he couldn't have on Saturday night when people were over...

The vomit has been yellow and its had random stuff you'd expect from a bulldog (grass, leafs, kibble). I have not seen any blood in his vomit or stool so I suppose that's a good sign.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi All,

Boris has been puking on and off for the last day and a half (9 times total). He still has an appetite and is going to the bathroom without any problems so I'm not too sure whats up, but I fear he has swallowed something. We are going to the Vet in a hour to get checked out. He's still acting fine and isnt lethargic, but the puking concerns me on day 2. My fingers are crossed that it's not the bone I told everyone he couldn't have on Saturday night when people were over...

The vomit has been yellow and its had random stuff you'd expect from a bulldog (grass, leafs, kibble). I have not seen any blood in his vomit or stool so I suppose that's a good sign.

Crap. They gave him a bone?? Ugh. Ask for xrays. I am praying to God he is not obstructed.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers for Boris, that it is nothing serious...but to me more than 2 vomits is serious..:pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I hope that everything goes well… keep us posted!!!

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Hoping its nothing serious. We will be thinking of Boris today and waiting to hear some news.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending lots of postivie thoughts and prayers that it is nothing serious! please keep us posted

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hi All,

We just got back from the Vet and Boris should be fine. The vet was not concerned as Boris was still eating anything and had tons of energy and went #1 and #2 while we were there (outside of course). The vet looked at the stool and said it looked healthy with a slight mixture of plants... She said there was no real concern for taking an Xray as Boris showed now signs of pain or discomfort while she did her examination of his stomach and lower intestines (She really got in there). She said its possible if he ate something that it could still be in his stomach and he very well could vomit it up. I drew her a picture of the bit of bone and stated that it gets really rubbery and easy falls apart once he gets started on it (I took it away as soon as i saw it Saturday night it was not something i gave him or would give to him). She gave him a shot to help settle the stomach and also supplied us 2 bland perscription food cans (grain and chicken free) along with 7 Matronidazole pills (1 a day for 7 days) and told us to keep an eye on him. If anything arises we'll go back and get Xrays taken, but she really thought he'll be OK.

He weighed in at 36.2 lbs from his previous 41 lbs 4 months ago when he got neutered which was nice to see :) She also stated that his rear hips seem to feel a little more secure than his previous visit. We'll continue on this roller coaster at full force!

Thanks for all the good vibes everyone!

IMG_20150526_092534.jpgIMG_20150526_091012.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sounds great!! Just keep a close eye on him for sure. Let's not even go there with us & our experience - since nothing caught the socks. I am so thrilled to hear about his hips! Maybe he's growing into them. Sweet baby! Love on him lots :)

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Crap. They gave him a bone?? Ugh. Ask for xrays. I am praying to God he is not obstructed.

Boris had found the bone in the back yard as my neighbors give their little terrier bones all the time from food they cook. I took it away and made it known that Boris doesnt get ANY people food or bones that aren't approved by me. Of course everyone thinks I'm too protective of my boy, but they don't realize the work involved in owning a bulldog.

I was a bit worried last night as Boris didnt go #2 at night like he usually does. I woke up this morning to a wonderful aroma coming from the porch area. He finally was able to go on his pee pad, but it was smaller than the usually turd. I spoke with the Vet and she says its a good sign that he's still eating and going to the bathroom so we'll just continue to monitor him.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yep, just keep an eye on him. You know when things are unusual, that's your best judgement :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.