My diesel is getting operated to save his life

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Ive not been on here long but still keeping my fingers crossed for you, cant imagine what your going through. Hope all turns out well

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I just went to see him, he nearly passed last night after his temperate spiked. I felt good, he wasn't panting like last night, his wee looked normalish
I know I need to get the results but I was feeling positive.
Vet just called, told me he's very ill and its against him. So I said did you see him last night ( no ) was the reply
I said I was there this morning and he's better. A lot better and said about the wee and he looks a tad better but I thought fk it. It's a foreign vet I know she didn't mean to be rude but there's ways to do stuff. Am hanging in there for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Stay positive. !! We are all routing for Diesel to pull through. Looking like Diesel is putting a good fight.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Daddy knows best, not a vet. If you felt he looked better, than he did. We know our babies better than any vet. Diesel is going to pull through, I just know this. They told you he may not make it through the night the first day, and he's made it 2 nights!! He is a fighter, that baby is strong. I pray his body starts to gain strength, that his organs bounce back, and that he really starts pulling through. Come on Diesel, you know we are all praying for you!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just went to see him, he nearly passed last night after his temperate spiked. I felt good, he wasn't panting like last night, his wee looked normalish
I know I need to get the results but I was feeling positive.
Vet just called, told me he's very ill and its against him. So I said did you see him last night ( no ) was the reply
I said I was there this morning and he's better. A lot better and said about the wee and he looks a tad better but I thought fk it. It's a foreign vet I know she didn't mean to be rude but there's ways to do stuff. Am hanging in there for him.

Him seeing you is huge, he's fighting!! Hang in there man, hes a trooper.

Keanebobulldogs

May 17, 2015
Country
Nottinghamshire
Bulldog(s) Names
Patch, Amy & Darcy
You know your bully better than anyone, if you think he is looking better then he is, our thoughts and prayers are with you all on this tough time.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
When Chumly had his spleen removed, an emergency situation, we didn't think he would make it but he did, against the odds. He was 12 and not in the best of health because of age. I was lucky enough to be in the position to see him quite frequently and would sit on the floor with him and just hold him. I like to think that helped him as these Vets surgeries can be scary places for them, lots of noise, dogs barking, being prodded and poked etc. He wasn't the bravest of dogs to start with! My point is, if you are able to spend any time at all just holding him, I am sure it will be to his benefit. Hang in there.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Does anyone know about damaged liver? Vet called my wife and not me which I am not happy about so this is second hand. I think his kidneys are ok but his liver is severely damaged. I need to go see the vet in 2 hrs. I think my choice is.
Keep going with treatment until the liver repairs it's self or put diesel to sleep. The vet said its about keeping him comfortable and if they cannot do that then the decision is out of my hands.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Does anyone know about damaged liver? Vet called my wife and not me which I am not happy about so this is second hand. I think his kidneys are ok but his liver is severely damaged. I need to go see the vet in 2 hrs. I think my choice is.
Keep going with treatment until the liver repairs it's self or put diesel to sleep. The vet said its about keeping him comfortable and if they cannot do that then the decision is out of my hands.

Fluids and electrolytes, along with colloid (the gelatinous substance necessary for proper thyroid functioning) replacements and oxygen supplementation, are key aspects of treatment and care. Your dog will be placed on restricted activity in order to give the liver an opportunity to regenerate. Catheter feeding is recommended for highly unstable patients, whileenteric feeding (feeding directly into the intestines) in small amounts is recommended for otherwise stable patients. A normal protein diet with supplemental vitamins E and K is advised.

Everything I am researching says there is treatment, I feel like if he looked better to you, and is getting fluids, etc. Its not time to let go yet, unless is he suffering, and in extreme pain. It says the liver can regenerate itself. I believe he can pull through this, but they have to keep treating him.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
"What is impossible with men is possible with GOD" Luke 27

I stand on Jesus words, not a vet who gives bad news but
hasn't seen her patient nor even looked into his eyes before
her prognosis...meh.

Diesel is fighting, his family is fighting, his supporters are
fighting, Jesus is for those who persevere and have faith.

Good for you, Diesel and may GOD bless you to go home
where you gladden the hearts of your family and are needed
there. May GOD honor your fight and reward you with perfect
health and a full, long life.

Abba Father, thank You for your unfailing mercies and unflagging
compassions that are new with each day. In you, Almighty GOD,
we place out trust and salvation, as little children before You,
trusting and secure in the knowledge of a Father who has our
best interests at heart. Glory to GOD in the highest, and on earth
peace to men on whom His favor rests. We ask and receive, in
the Holy Name of Christ Jesus, thank You...Amen & Amen.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
In humans the liver can repair itself really well and amazingly quick, I don't know about dogs but I can't see how that should be any different... There must be a way, I'm very positive that if his liver is the only issue then he's got a great chance of recovering.

I've read about cases where humans have lost more than 50% of their liver cells but has recovered basically completely if there hasn't been any complications. This was long ago even, in my teens when I got morphine I read about liver damage...

I hope you'll get good news when you see the vet<3

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think you must find out how much damage there is to Diesel's liver, and what the cause is. Was it from the kidney problems, or from his medications? There may be a good chance that this can be reversed, depending on the extent of the liver damage. Will u be talking to the vet soon?

I've been thinking of you guys since this happened and will continue to pray for Diesel to pull through.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Fluids and electrolytes, along with colloid (the gelatinous substance necessary for proper thyroid functioning) replacements and oxygen supplementation, are key aspects of treatment and care. Your dog will be placed on restricted activity in order to give the liver an opportunity to regenerate. Catheter feeding is recommended for highly unstable patients, whileenteric feeding (feeding directly into the intestines) in small amounts is recommended for otherwise stable patients. A normal protein diet with supplemental vitamins E and K is advised.

Everything I am researching says there is treatment, I feel like if he looked better to you, and is getting fluids, etc. Its not time to let go yet, unless is he suffering, and in extreme pain. It says the liver can regenerate itself. I believe he can pull through this, but they have to keep treating him.

Thank you.
The last thing I ll ever do is let go, it's to soon.
I really don't mind spending every penny I v got to fix him. There's anger in me as I am going through stuff.
Injection on Monday. Really strong dog.
5 days later he's an infection
Monday - at vets and antibiotic's, catheter in and drained him.
Tuesday - at vets as not right, 4 injections.
Wednesday- at the vets ( I carried him in ) I was told then he's very sick and the next few hrs are crucial.
Thursday - very sick, and was told we ll call you
Friday- as above.

Now it's go at 5 pm to discuss his future

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you.
I really don't mind spending every penny I v got to fix him. There's anger in me as I am going through stuff.
Wednesday- at the vets ( I carried him in ) I was told then he's very sick and the next few hrs are crucial.
Friday- as above.

I have no experience with liver issues, but I am still praying very hard for you all. I hope the talk at 5 is to discuss treatment to help him recover

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you.
Friday- as above.

I would be frustrated too. And I would give every single penny I have plus more to save my dog. We are all pulling for him. If he's not in pain, and he looked better when you saw him last, tell them to continue treatments. He's pulled through 2 days that the vet said he wouldn't make it through, he can recover, it just takes time, and meds, fluids, etc. Dogs livers are similar to ours, and can repair themselves.... he is your dog, and you call the shots, they cannot tell you otherwise. If you tell them to continue treatments, they must. I wish there was a second vet in that office, or his condition was stable enough to move him to another. We are all praying for Diesel. I also believe it is too soon - we're all here for you. Be with him as much as you can, your scent, and presence is strong healing for dogs.

YOU are healing him by being there. Stay strong, he is strong. He will make it, he's already proven all wrong.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Still sending so much prayer for Diesel,, [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] We all love him and with so much prayer, he has a lot of help going for him. If his kidneys are improved, that is a big part of the battle. As has been stated-the liver can regenerate, and only you will know when and IF it is time to let go. We are not there, and we all still have so much hope that Diesel can make it! We are praying for him, and for you, Jimmy.Speak to your baby-tell him to stay strong, and not to give up-you are there for him. :heartsign:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.