Vomiting

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Brutus threw up yesterday and again today, just now. It was all his food from dinner and helicopters from the trees outside. He has been going to the bathroom though. I don't know if it's the helicopters he's been feasting on is making him sick. I'm going to call the vet in the morning. Anything specific I should look for incase it's an obstruction? I hope he just has a tummy bug.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
just dinner... not breakfast? any other behavior changes?

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Not breakfast. Nope, he was running around the yard earlier with me. He slept most of the day, but he always does. He got frisky a little bit ago. He's sleeping now.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He went potty right after he had his dinner today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not breakfast. Nope, he was running around the yard earlier with me. He slept most of the day, but he always does. He got frisky a little bit ago. He's sleeping now.

damn helicopters! that would be my guess, but keep a close eye for any changes. And, if possible try to stop the eating in the yard for a day and see if he vomits without eating the darn crap. Lambeau's favorite right now is dirt :facepalm:

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
damn helicopters! that would be my guess, but keep a close eye for any changes. And, if possible try to stop the eating in the yard for a day and see if he vomits without eating the darn crap. Lambeau's favorite right now is dirt :facepalm:
I will..thank you! they are everywhere in our yard from our neighbors tree. He thinks it's his personal buffet out there.

Sweet little lamby...little dirtball.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh… I hope he feels better soon!!! I agree w/Christine, just keep an eye on him. I JUST read online that mushrooms are making dogs sick if they eat them, and with all this damn rain I'm checking for them daily now!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Awe, poor Brutus. Ok, what the heck is a helicopter? Is it like a pinecone or something?

I agree of course keep your eye on him, examine anything that comes out (either end, lol) just watch for lethargy, excessive drooling, etc. Poop is good :) we want poop - check to make sure it looks normal, not ribbon like. I'm praying something just upset his belly & he'll be good in a day or so. Praying & de dig hugs !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus will eat anything. I worry about him constantly cause he has no boundaries when it comes to eating stuff. When he throws up, there is always some unexpected object. He pooped this morning, I went out and watched him and he didn't strain or anything. I am pretty sure now he ate too many snacks of foliage yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe, poor Brutus. Ok, what the heck is a helicopter? Is it like a pinecone or something?

I agree of course keep your eye on him, examine anything that comes out (either end, lol) just watch for lethargy, excessive drooling, etc. Poop is good :) we want poop - check to make sure it looks normal, not ribbon like. I'm praying something just upset his belly & he'll be good in a day or so. Praying & de dig hugs !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helicopters are seeds from I think maple trees. And when they fall they look like helicopter blades. They look really pretty falling off the trees but this time of year sucks for them. My neighbor has two huge trees and they all come in my yard and my pool is full of them. They are everywhere and Brutus eats them.
433fe3fd7c9ca62b225a1cb9d3e9db45.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Brutus will eat anything. I worry about him constantly cause he has no boundaries when it comes to eating stuff. When he throws up, there is always some unexpected object. He pooped this morning, I went out and watched him and he didn't strain or anything. I am pretty sure now he ate too many snacks of foliage yesterday.

I'm glad to hear he's on the mend… STAY away from the helicopters!!! LMAO!!! ;)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh Brutus! I am glad to hear he is feeling a bit better. Frankie likes to eat mouth fulls of dirt from my planters. I had to cover them. He has a good under bite and it acts as a shovel!! ugh! These dogs are crazy.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Helicopters are seeds from I think maple trees. And when they fall they look like helicopter blades. They look really pretty falling off the trees but this time of year sucks for them. My neighbor has two huge trees and they all come in my yard and my pool is full of them. They are everywhere and Brutus eats them.
433fe3fd7c9ca62b225a1cb9d3e9db45.jpg

Ah! I have seen those, but never knew their name! Oh Brutus - I hope he'll all good & back to normal today. I understand the struggle - Tyson will do the same outside. Inside he's better about it, but outside, Ugh. I have to be on my toes watching his every move.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ah! I have seen those, but never knew their name! Oh Brutus - I hope he'll all good & back to normal today. I understand the struggle - Tyson will do the same outside. Inside he's better about it, but outside, Ugh. I have to be on my toes watching his every move.

Helicopters is not the scientific name LOL. I don't know what they are called, i only know what i call them hahahaha.

he seems fine today, he poohed and went for a walk. These dogs, giving us heart attacks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online