Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Walter's surgery is scheduled for Tues...

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walter's surgery is scheduled for Tues...

[QUOTE=bullmama;595527]Tracey just texted, she just got the call... Walter did great, he's breathing fine. They are headed to pick him up now. She wanted us to update everyone.

Thank you, Lisa! Thank you, Everyone, great job of support, AS ALWAYS!

Thank You, GOD, always good, always faithful and always loving, thank You, GOD.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

2. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I wonder if Walter understands that he kept us all on needles today So glad everything went so well
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

4. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Just woke up and first thing I had to do is check how Wally and Tracey are doing...is in order!

6. Likes ddnene liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Morning update...

Wally is doing GREAT, Ray slept w/him last night in the living room we put his bed in there w/his fav blanket on top. He got up this morning like normal, and he wasn't too happy about letting his kibble soak for 30 min NOW he is begging for my breakfast as usual… Lol

This is everything that he had done yesterday… updated vaccines, shortened his soft palate, lasered the distichia and opened his nares. I can already tell that his breathing is better, it's unreal… He is on previcox for pain/inflammation, ointment for his eyes and I made her give me an anti-nausea med that I gave him last night JUST in case. He is on restricted activity for next 3-4 days and I have to bring him in for a re-check in a week.

I told Ray last night that I SO wished I would of had Winston's nares and palate done before he had his eye surgery Of course I will never know if that would of changed his outcome, but it has crossed my mind many times. I know that we can never go back and change the past… at least I feel that I learned from what happened to Winston.

Many of you KNOW how nervous I was yesterday, I'm telling you I thought I was going to have a stroke before she called me… when I saw him jump out of his cage at the clinic I almost broke down in tears of JOY!!! I can NOT put into words how much your support has meant to me in the last day… LOVE YOU ALL!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

8. Likes Texas Carol, JennieS liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I'm so happy for you and Wally! It is really amazing how quickly they can bounce back from a major surgery.

10. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Morning update...

Wally is doing GREAT, Ray slept w/him last night in the living room we put his bed in there w/his fav blanket on top. He got up this morning like normal, and he wasn't too happy about letting his kibble soak for 30 min NOW he is begging for my breakfast as usual… Lol

This is everything that he had done yesterday… updated vaccines, shortened his soft palate, lasered the distichia and opened his nares. I can already tell that his breathing is better, it's unreal… He is on previcox for pain/inflammation, ointment for his eyes and I made her give me an anti-nausea med that I gave him last night JUST in case. He is on restricted activity for next 3-4 days and I have to bring him in for a re-check in a week.

I told Ray last night that I SO wished I would of had Winston's nares and palate done before he had his eye surgery Of course I will never know if that would of changed his outcome, but it has crossed my mind many times. I know that we can never go back and change the past… at least I feel that I learned from what happened to Winston.

Many of you KNOW how nervous I was yesterday, I'm telling you I thought I was going to have a stroke before she called me… when I saw him jump out of his cage at the clinic I almost broke down in tears of JOY!!! I can NOT put into words how much your support has meant to me in the last day… LOVE YOU ALL!!!
    I am so happy that Wally is doing good today. The only thing I can say to you about Winston is that we can't really second guess what happens in life. Whether it is good or really terrible, everything happens for a reason. We may not figure out the reason right away, but that is where faith comes in and we have to accept that there is a bigger plan in place and we just have to do the best we can. Give the gator a hug and kiss from me with lots of loving thrown in!
    My smooshy face boy!

12. Likes Vikinggirl, ddnene liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Tracey, I'm so glad Walter is okay and on the mend. I'm sure this a big relief for you. He'll be back to himself before you know it and even better with his breathing. Give him a big hug and kiss for me.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

14. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I am so happy that Wally is doing good today. The only thing I can say to you about Winston is that we can't really second guess what happens in life. Whether it is good or really terrible, everything happens for a reason. We may not figure out the reason right away, but that is where faith comes in and we have to accept that there is a bigger plan in place and we just have to do the best we can. Give the gator a hug and kiss from me with lots of loving thrown in!
    I agree… maybe it was just a learning curve for me to do the research on elongated palates and nares and to share that information w/others… I believe that life holds many lessons, and it's our job to figure out the lesson and move on.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Such great news! i'm so happy he is doing so well

17. Likes ddnene, dolphin liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Its wonderful news to hear first thing that Wally had a great night. I literally checked EBN yesterday every 10 mins for an update. You are a wonderful mama, and its only naturally to worry sick. I did the same exact thing, my uncle whos a doc had to actually give me a few pills bc I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack/nervous breakdown. I laugh at myself thinking about what will happen when I have a child. Please give Wally lots of kisses & hugs from us!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

19. Likes ddnene, dolphin liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

this whole thing taught me a lot!! Hope he has a good day and all our nerves can chill

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Its wonderful news to hear first thing that Wally had a great night. I literally checked EBN yesterday every 10 mins for an update. You are a wonderful mama, and its only naturally to worry sick. I did the same exact thing, my uncle whos a doc had to actually give me a few pills bc I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack/nervous breakdown. I laugh at myself thinking about what will happen when I have a child. Please give Wally lots of kisses & hugs from us!
    Oh I seriously could of used a valium yesterday, but I wanted to keep my wits about me… I have lost 2 bulldogs AFTER surgery, and I was having some hard moments yesterday. I just kept telling myself to be BRAVE and not to let fear of the past overwhelm me… it's by the grace of God always!!!

22. Likes TyTysmom, Manydogs liked this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads