Diagnosis Heart Diesase please help!

Forest Coffman

Apr 27, 2015
Hello, my senior 11 year old Hercules has been diagnosed with heart diease. He has had cushings disease for the last 5 years also. We have been able to maintain the drinking and the constant peeing for the past 5 years providing him access to always go out and pee no matter what. However, since he was diagnosed with heart disease he has been put on Enaparil and for the fluid that he had in his chest and neck Furosemide. He is doing well on both medication however he is peeing all over himself and all his beds anytime he lays down to take a nap. We are beyond frustrated and don't know what to do. Does anybody have any advice my wife and I are washing beds, blankets, etc throughout the day comstantly. Thanks
Forest

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There are pants called Tinkle Trousers. Look them up on the internet. It will save a lot of washing. He can wear it, and save the pee from all over everything. @Forest Coffman

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
:heart: to Hercules,and family.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
There are pants called Tinkle Trousers. Look them up on the internet. It will save a lot of washing. He can wear it, and save the pee from all over everything. @Forest Coffman

YES!! I have found these Tinkle Trousers to be extremely helpful. Do check them out on their site, [MENTION=14119]Forest Coffman[/MENTION].

OP
Forest Coffman

Forest Coffman

Apr 27, 2015
Thank you so much, I want to order now. Are the sizes exact for a bulldog? Hercules is 50 pounds so I was going to order a medium...

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Tinkle trousers are wonderful, much better than any other commercial dog diaper. My boxer was completely incontinent the last month of her life and she was also taking steroids and peeing gallons. The tinkle trousers stay on well and are pretty comfortable for the dog. If Hercules is peeing A LOT you can add a Tena pad inside the diaper for extra protection. I've been where you are and I know it is so hard. I also put pee pee pads on Lily's dog bed with a towel on top of it for her to lie on. It cut back on all the bedding I had to wash. Hang in there. I'm sending positive thoughts to you and your boy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
@Forest Coffman If you try them on, (and do not use) if the fit is not right-you can exchange them.

OP
Forest Coffman

Forest Coffman

Apr 27, 2015
Thank you Donna for all the information. Do you have any tips in what diapers to use and what steps to take so that he wont get rashes or infections? Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No advice.... just wanted to send some prayers and positive thoughts to you all... hope the diapers work out for all of you

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.