sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I'm waiting patiently for our vet in Vermont to get this. We've had Truman on cyclosporine for three years but heard Apoquil is superior.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus was on Atopica, and it did nothing for him. I have had to take Maximus to a Dermatologist who immediately put him on Apoquel and in 2-days I had a different dog. Without Apoquel Maximus will run around the house rubbing his face into the carpeting and on furniture. My dog can not be without Apoquel. It has been a wonder drug for him.

PS - Correct. Apoquel is not readily available to all Vets. It is a specialty drug, and only specialty Veterinary practices have the easiest time getting it. My regular Vet is on a list to get it, but he has
not gotten it yet. That's why I had to be referred to a specialty Dermatology Veterinarian.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Farley has been on Apoquel for about 2 1/2 weeks now. He started out with 1 pill am and pm for 4 days. It stopped the itch and face rubbing within the first 24 hrs. I was amazed. He is now taking 1 pill at night, advised by the dermatologist. We are waiting for his allergy tests results and his allergy drops to be ready. The plan is to use the Apoquel until the allergy drops start helping.

I am very pleased so far with the Apoquel. He hasn't had any diarrhea or vomiting. His attitude has changed and he is no longer being grumpy and uncomfortable. I think he is much happier now and he feels so much better.

I wish my local vet could carry it. She is still on waiting list.. That's why we were referred to dermatologist. It's about 80 dollars for me to get 4 week supply. Not to cheap, but it works for my boy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.