Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8 week old English Bulldog bald spots

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 8 week old English Bulldog bald spots

Did Ruckus only have a few spots? Duke has little spots all over and they're barely visible..

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Lola has some perfectly round bald spots, not blackened, but they are a result of a opportunistic staph infection. comes and goes...about 1x year I put her on antibiotics to nip it in the bud, but she usually has one circular area of hair loss at all times. They come about after her hair and skin kind of flake off, does not hurt or itch her though. She's on a low dose of anti-histamines and steroid everyday so her immune system is not 100%. Once she gets more than 5 at a time, I call in the 'script. I find that not every vet can diagnose it right away...our new vet here in boston knew it immediately.

3. Likes NewEnglandBully, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hneves View Post
    Did Ruckus only have a few spots? Duke has little spots all over and they're barely visible..
    He had a few smaller ones on his head but they went away quicker and I never took pictures

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Lola Craft aug 29 sores.pdf
    ok, these are detailed but once it goes bald and hairless, the body has fought back and won. these don't spread really, and are not infectious to humans unless their immune systems are also not up to par. The bald spots stick around for a while until the hair fully grows back, which it always does. This puzzled me for a long time, almost a year, but now I know when an outbreak starts. (staph infection, super mild, kind of annoying, antibiotics when it gets to be persistent)

6. Likes bullmama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Okay so I went to the vet and it is Demodex. I ordered his medicine, it's called Bravecto. Hopefully everything's turns out good. Thanks for your inputs.

8. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hneves View Post
    Okay so I went to the vet and it is Demodex. I ordered his medicine, it's called Bravecto. Hopefully everything's turns out good. Thanks for your inputs.
    Hoping for a quick recovery
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I have experience with demodex mange as it is called. My two bulldogs used to have it before the year. First and most important, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the food everytime you feed them. It is very important that the vinegar is raw, unfiltered and with the mother. I also bought organic ocean kelp from Amazon and added to his food. To this day this is my dogs meal and they are mange free. Also the apple cider vinegar acts as a tick and flea repellent since it changes the smell and taste of the dog's skin. Last but not least I used to give my bulldogs a borax bath. First I bathe them with Dawn dish soap diluted in water and mixed with baking soda for the odor. Shower away the soap and then soak your dog with this: 8 Oz of hydrogen peroxide 3%, 16 Oz of water and about 8 Oz of borax detergent, borax is sold at Walmart for $5 and it is on the washer detergents area. Big old fashion box. You soak the dog with this mix and let him air dry. After he's dry, comb him to remove excess dry soap. It is important that you put on your dog a e-collar to prevent he licks himself and swallow some of that soap. I did this 3 times a month for about 5 months. That, along with the medicine will help your dog heal in no time. Also remember that with mange it's going to get worse before it gets better. If your dog scratches a lot you can also put neem oil on the bald spots in between. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads