OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use Douxo pads on our Bully's, it dries it our and then it can heal. You might find that it will reoccur in the same spot.

Thanks ... I had read somewhere that once they get them then they do tend to come back !!

CanadianCutie

Aug 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
Our little (55lb!) love Cash has interdigital cysts and we soak in Epsom Salt bath and then rub w/. Coconut Oil. Seems to help. We have been through the ringer trying to find a food that will help stabilize things and we are having some success on Acana Duck and Pear.

I would love to hear more about the Yellow Listerine. Can someone message me or post here in response, how to use the Listerine. We'd love for him to stop licking.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Our little (55lb!) love Cash has interdigital cysts and we soak in Epsom Salt bath and then rub w/. Coconut Oil. Seems to help. We have been through the ringer trying to find a food that will help stabilize things and we are having some success on Acana Duck and Pear.

I would love to hear more about the Yellow Listerine. Can someone message me or post here in response, how to use the Listerine. We'd love for him to stop licking.

You just dip the feet in the listerine and let it dry on there.

Are the cysts happening frequently?

Benadryl (generic is fine) 1mg per 1 pound of bulldog 2-3 times a day will help with the itching he is experiencing.

Recently I read that Tums (generic is fine) one in the morning and one at night will help prevent cysts. I have no clue if this is true.

Here is an article about allergies http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...llergies-Information-Treatment-and-Prevention

More than you asked for but here it all is. Welcome to EBN!

CanadianCutie

Aug 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
You just dip the feet in the listerine and let it dry on there.

Are the cysts happening frequently?

Benadryl (generic is fine) 1mg per 1 pound of bulldog 2-3 times a day will help with the itching he is experiencing.

Recently I read that Tums (generic is fine) one in the morning and one at night will help prevent cysts. I have no clue if this is true.

Here is an article about allergies http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...llergies-Information-Treatment-and-Prevention

More than you asked for but here it all is. Welcome to EBN!

Thank you!! Yes, they happen a lot! He's licked his feet so bad that he has made them raw. He wears dog sock and boots..not just because they are cute!

I am going to try the Listerine and research the Tums idea. We have started to clean the paws (front only affected) with Ketohex wipes that seem to be very helpful! We use wipes on his folds and now on his feet and we are seeing real progress. He seems to be wanting to lick less often; which is helpful for his recovery.

I would post pics, but I don't want to gross anyone out! :ashamed:

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
All I can say is that it ended up being a food allergy with Maggie. We had her on the Fromm 4* range and I decided to try her on the Chicken n Veg flavour. BAD IDEA!!!!! We had hot spots, interdigital cysts and a messed up tummy!!! I guess that was one way to find out she had an allergy to chicken!!!!! :(

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww poor girl hope shes ok xx
O just saw the thread and i was just about to mention ot sounds like an allergy xxx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online