Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interdigital Cyst

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Interdigital Cyst

So we've been soaking Maggie's foot in epsom salts for a week now ... unfortunately because of our schedules and the fact that it's a two person job to get maggie to keep her foot in the soaking solution, we probably managed only once a day except for weekends. It would look better for a while and then look bad again. The worst part was stopping her from licking it until it started to bleed!

Today we took her to the vets .. last night we noticed that it had spread from between two toes to three. Our vet actually did a paper on food and is pretty good at nutritional stuff and accepted that there was a strong possibility that it could have been the chicken fromm that started an allergic reaction although she couldn't say 100% definite without doing more tests. However, our problem now is that it was infected and so there was no way it was going to go away without antibiotics. So we now have antibiotics to give her twice a day, a solution to make up a different type of soak for her foot, and also some kind of cream that we need to put on morning and night. Let's hope that this will do the trick!!! In the meantime, I am crossing chicken off Maggies diet sheet!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    So we've been soaking Maggie's foot in epsom salts for a week now ... unfortunately because of our schedules and the fact that it's a two person job to get maggie to keep her foot in the soaking solution, we probably managed only once a day except for weekends. It would look better for a while and then look bad again. The worst part was stopping her from licking it until it started to bleed!

Today we took her to the vets .. last night we noticed that it had spread from between two toes to three. Our vet actually did a paper on food and is pretty good at nutritional stuff and accepted that there was a strong possibility that it could have been the chicken fromm that started an allergic reaction although she couldn't say 100% definite without doing more tests. However, our problem now is that it was infected and so there was no way it was going to go away without antibiotics. So we now have antibiotics to give her twice a day, a solution to make up a different type of soak for her foot, and also some kind of cream that we need to put on morning and night. Let's hope that this will do the trick!!! In the meantime, I am crossing chicken off Maggies diet sheet!!
    Seems like many of us are finding chicken to be a problem lately!

Glad you took her in, before it got worse. Poor sweet girl. Give her a kiss from me! MUAH!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

awwe! Poor Maggie! I hope the products work and she gets better real soon!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

I use Douxo pads on our Bully's, it dries it our and then it can heal. You might find that it will reoccur in the same spot.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I use Douxo pads on our Bully's, it dries it our and then it can heal. You might find that it will reoccur in the same spot.

Thanks ... I had read somewhere that once they get them then they do tend to come back !!

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cash
    Likes (Received)

Our little (55lb!) love Cash has interdigital cysts and we soak in Epsom Salt bath and then rub w/. Coconut Oil. Seems to help. We have been through the ringer trying to find a food that will help stabilize things and we are having some success on Acana Duck and Pear.

I would love to hear more about the Yellow Listerine. Can someone message me or post here in response, how to use the Listerine. We'd love for him to stop licking.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCutie View Post
    Our little (55lb!) love Cash has interdigital cysts and we soak in Epsom Salt bath and then rub w/. Coconut Oil. Seems to help. We have been through the ringer trying to find a food that will help stabilize things and we are having some success on Acana Duck and Pear.

I would love to hear more about the Yellow Listerine. Can someone message me or post here in response, how to use the Listerine. We'd love for him to stop licking.
    You just dip the feet in the listerine and let it dry on there.

Are the cysts happening frequently?

Benadryl (generic is fine) 1mg per 1 pound of bulldog 2-3 times a day will help with the itching he is experiencing.

Recently I read that Tums (generic is fine) one in the morning and one at night will help prevent cysts. I have no clue if this is true.

Here is an article about allergies http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...and-Prevention

More than you asked for but here it all is. Welcome to EBN!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cash
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by christyjulene View Post
    You just dip the feet in the listerine and let it dry on there.

Are the cysts happening frequently?

Benadryl (generic is fine) 1mg per 1 pound of bulldog 2-3 times a day will help with the itching he is experiencing.

Recently I read that Tums (generic is fine) one in the morning and one at night will help prevent cysts. I have no clue if this is true.

Here is an article about allergies http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...and-Prevention

More than you asked for but here it all is. Welcome to EBN!
    Thank you!! Yes, they happen a lot! He's licked his feet so bad that he has made them raw. He wears dog sock and boots..not just because they are cute!

I am going to try the Listerine and research the Tums idea. We have started to clean the paws (front only affected) with Ketohex wipes that seem to be very helpful! We use wipes on his folds and now on his feet and we are seeing real progress. He seems to be wanting to lick less often; which is helpful for his recovery.

I would post pics, but I don't want to gross anyone out!
    Cash's Mommy - Michelle.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

All I can say is that it ended up being a food allergy with Maggie. We had her on the Fromm 4* range and I decided to try her on the Chicken n Veg flavour. BAD IDEA!!!!! We had hot spots, interdigital cysts and a messed up tummy!!! I guess that was one way to find out she had an allergy to chicken!!!!!

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Aww poor girl hope shes ok xx
    O just saw the thread and i was just about to mention ot sounds like an allergy xxx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads