sarge03

Aug 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola.
Hello,
I recently noticed a growth on the outside surface of my bullie's vagina. It is about the same color of her skin and is not irritated at all. The only thing I've seen her do is drag her butt around the carpet. She eats, sleeps, poops, just fine and have not noticed any abnormal behavior from her at all. I've read a lot of possibilities online and just wanted to see if anyone here has experienced anything like this before I take her to the vet. She is actually my PTSD service dog and has been fixed and is 3yrs old. The only thing I've changed is that I had a heart worm test conducted on her yesterday in which she tested negative and was told that she was extremely healthy. Oh, and I also got her heart worm prevention meds yesterday (Heartgard) and Nexgard for ticks/flees (been on it for quite some time). She has also developed black large spots on her skin and had a skin sample taken at the vet and they advised me that it was nothing threatening. I'm kind of worried since two of her spots are sort of balding. I feed her Fromm's Beef Fritatta and exercise her quite often after sundown. Any info. is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

20150503_154325.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like a pimple..... I tagged a few members to see if they have any ideas

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It is hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like some type of growth. I would have the vet check it out. She is either dragging on the carpet because she needs her anal glands expressed, or the small growth is bothering her. The black skin and hair loss is probably Seasonal aloepecia. If you give melatonin in the winter, it helps to prevent it.
The Sa does not hurt them, it just doesn't look too pretty.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The only thing I can think of, is maybe it's just irritated from her scooting on the ground. The scooting it either from her tail pocket needs cleaned or her anal glands need expressed.

OP
sarge03

sarge03

Aug 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola.
Thanks to all who provided input!!! I ended taking Lola to the vet and he advised me that it was completely normal. He said that it was most likely irritated and to just clean her tail pocket and folds by her female part. It has, however, reduced in size since the last 2 days and appears to be normal again. It did give me a little scare though. Again, thanks for the input!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks to all who provided input!!! I ended taking Lola to the vet and he advised me that it was completely normal. He said that it was most likely irritated and to just clean her tail pocket and folds by her female part. It has, however, reduced in size since the last 2 days and appears to be normal again. It did give me a little scare though. Again, thanks for the input!!

so good to hear... thanks for letting us know all is well!