Need help with eyes

lcordero24

Mar 29, 2014
Recently the vet diagnosed my dogs with a little bit of dry eyes. The strange thing is that they only developed dry eye in one eye. On both it was the left eye. In the female is a little bad because she has a cherry eye. I want to ask if any of you know a natural or a homemade remedy or something that could help my bullies for dry eyes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Mine had 1 cherry eye and it was the same eye that was later diagnosed as dry eye. I think that is common since they are surgically repairing so close to the tear duct. Our dry eye diagnosis came years later though. We did the vet prescribed drops which were $$$ so I switched to a dry eye drop for people and for me it worked just as well for a fraction of the cost.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Recently the vet diagnosed my dogs with a little bit of dry eyes. The strange thing is that they only developed dry eye in one eye. On both it was the left eye. In the female is a little bad because she has a cherry eye. I want to ask if any of you know a natural or a homemade remedy or something that could help my bullies for dry eyes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, I agree with KeviKell, great advice. My female Blossom also developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old, and we opted to wait until we spayed her to repair the eye and do the spay surgery together. We bought over the counter Refresh eye drops from the drug store to use on her eye until the surgery was done, to keep it from getting dry and irritated.
Most products, supplements, and medications that are safe for humans are also safe for animals, and can be bought at drug stores, grocery stores, or health stores at a fraction of the cost then if you bought them from your vet. You can use eye drops or a saline solution that you would use for contacts, both are safe for a dog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.