Thread: Need help with eyes

Default Need help with eyes

Recently the vet diagnosed my dogs with a little bit of dry eyes. The strange thing is that they only developed dry eye in one eye. On both it was the left eye. In the female is a little bad because she has a cherry eye. I want to ask if any of you know a natural or a homemade remedy or something that could help my bullies for dry eyes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help with eyes

Mine had 1 cherry eye and it was the same eye that was later diagnosed as dry eye. I think that is common since they are surgically repairing so close to the tear duct. Our dry eye diagnosis came years later though. We did the vet prescribed drops which were $$$ so I switched to a dry eye drop for people and for me it worked just as well for a fraction of the cost.
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

3. Likes Manydogs, Vikinggirl, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help with eyes

Quote Originally Posted by lcordero24 View Post
    Recently the vet diagnosed my dogs with a little bit of dry eyes. The strange thing is that they only developed dry eye in one eye. On both it was the left eye. In the female is a little bad because she has a cherry eye. I want to ask if any of you know a natural or a homemade remedy or something that could help my bullies for dry eyes. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi, I agree with KeviKell, great advice. My female Blossom also developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old, and we opted to wait until we spayed her to repair the eye and do the spay surgery together. We bought over the counter Refresh eye drops from the drug store to use on her eye until the surgery was done, to keep it from getting dry and irritated.
    Most products, supplements, and medications that are safe for humans are also safe for animals, and can be bought at drug stores, grocery stores, or health stores at a fraction of the cost then if you bought them from your vet. You can use eye drops or a saline solution that you would use for contacts, both are safe for a dog.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads