SouthernDaywalker

Jan 16, 2015
Arkansas, USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Male, Oldest - Rufus DaBoscoe & Female, youngest - Lola Delphine
Hello,

My Lola is a few months old, and has had all vaccinations & is fed soy, grain, filler, corn, and artificial filler free dog food. So she's not really had any digestion problems before. She threw up this morning early & about an hour ago threw up her breakfast also. I thought I had read somewhere that dogs can run fevers. I felt her head and ears and she feels warm like she may have one. Does anyone know if that's true and how to check for fever? She hasn't stopped drinking, which is good for now. Hopefully she won't get too dehydrated. Advice?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
She is drinking which is good, but since she is that young and she feels hot for you I would take her to the vets. I'm guessing you don't have a thermometer that you could use and take her rectal temp? A dog is running a fever when the temp is more than 39,5C/103F.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
You can take her temp rectally and it should be around 101.5, give or take a little. Winnie's temp was nearly 104 once when she was at the vet for a check up. She was so excited to see everyone and acting really WILD, so the vet wasn't concerned about the elevated temp--it was the excitement and activity that raised it. Hope your baby is better soon.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
get an anal thermometer from petsmart/petco. Normal temperature is 102 degrees F or below.

Need to keep it down if above that ie 103F by spraying alcohol on his paw pads. Keep an eye on it. If controlled fine, if lingering then a vet visit is needed. If persistent, emergency vet even.

OP
S

SouthernDaywalker

Jan 16, 2015
Arkansas, USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Male, Oldest - Rufus DaBoscoe & Female, youngest - Lola Delphine
Thank you all for your advice. A thermometer is something I need for sure. I'll be making a trip to the pet store asap! She seems to be doing a little better now. I fed her a light lunch, soft food, since she threw up her dry. She was acting very hungry and so far she's held that down. Still drinking. I'll continue to keep an eye on her and if she starts throwing up again, or getting worse a trip to the vet will be in our near future. I really appreciate having a place to go for questions, advice, and sometimes a place to come to talk to others about their beloved fur babies. Hope you all have a great Hump Day. Much <3

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Good Luck - Yes, this website is intended for us bulldog lovers to help each other out, so we all learn from each other. It is all good. Post pics of your babies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all for your advice. A thermometer is something I need for sure. I'll be making a trip to the pet store asap! She seems to be doing a little better now. I fed her a light lunch, soft food, since she threw up her dry. She was acting very hungry and so far she's held that down. Still drinking. I'll continue to keep an eye on her and if she starts throwing up again, or getting worse a trip to the vet will be in our near future. I really appreciate having a place to go for questions, advice, and sometimes a place to come to talk to others about their beloved fur babies. Hope you all have a great Hump Day. Much <3

How is she doing? Holding her food down?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You've been given great advice already, just keep an eye on her and if she has a fever take her to the vet.
I hope Lola is okay, and it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13538]SouthernDaywalker[/MENTION]

How's Lola doing today?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.