Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Luxating Patella

Quote Originally Posted by AWD GS View Post
    i bought one just to try. hopefully shes fine by the time it gets here but even if it is fine, cant hurt to have. it was only $10 shipped.

btw your sig is adorable
    Awesome, let me know! If it works well for you, I may get one too. Tyson's a little stiff when he gets up off the tile. ( I guess bc its so hard ) -- its not nearly as bad when he's on the carpet. But he's older, and once he's up and moving, I think his muscles warm up and he's fine, but anything I could do to help him - I will

Oh, and thank you - I always wished he would take off with the skateboard. He will play with it, push it, and semi get on it, but that's about it. Haha.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

i noticed it kept popping out a bit last night but didnt take much effort to just shift it back in place and it doesnt seem to bother her other than not putting her weight on it. has anyone ever used a compression sleeve for their dog? im just looking for an option to help keep that joint in place while shes walking around. when shes walking its fine, its only when she squats to pee that it moves really.
    never thought of it, but it is worth a try.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@AWD GS Many years ago, when I lived in N.J., I had to take several horses, and my poodle to The U of P for serious surgeries. If it comes to her needing surgery, you might check with them. I can't remember if they are even near where you are. Whenever I read about the lux knee, I've always wondered if a wrap would help. I am very interested to hear, when you try it. hope it does help your girl!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Mike
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @AWD GS Many years ago, when I lived in N.J., I had to take several horses, and my poodle to The U of P for serious surgeries. If it comes to her needing surgery, you might check with them. I can't remember if they are even near where you are. Whenever I read about the lux knee, I've always wondered if a wrap would help. I am very interested to hear, when you try it. hope it does help your girl!
    certainly will let you know and yes i did see that about university of penn. they are about 15 minutes from my house

Real Name
    Mike
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

figured id stop back for an update. i got the compression sleeve monday however it wasnt very helpful because of the way her leg is shaped. it fit tight nicely at and above the knee but below it was very loose because the diameter of the leg is much smaller. needless to say she wasnt too fond of that and was trying to pull it off. long story short however, its slowly getting better and its putting more weight on it now. just have to give it more time

6. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

figured id stop back for an update. i got the compression sleeve monday however it wasnt very helpful because of the way her leg is shaped. it fit tight nicely at and above the knee but below it was very loose because the diameter of the leg is much smaller. needless to say she wasnt too fond of that and was trying to pull it off. long story short however, its slowly getting better and its putting more weight on it now. just have to give it more time

thanks for the update.... yea, it can be a few weeks. hope she is doing well otherwise
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Bummer, it was hard to get Ty's leg wrapped too a while ago when I was trying to cover a spot I wanted to heal, bc of his turkey leg shape it kept falling off. But! I am happy to hear that its slowly getting better

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads