Help Needed! Should I put a diaper on him?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You should have told him he's irresponsible for being a DOUCHE to society. I hope he hit a crack and fell off his stupid skateboard. :sarcastic:

:bravo:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You should have told him he's irresponsible for being a DOUCHE to society. I hope he hit a crack and fell off his stupid skateboard. :sarcastic:

That's a good one! You know how you think of all these things you wanted to say after the incident happens?! i will keep that one in my arsenal tho!

He was so busy watching me and the boys as we walked off, maybe to see what we were up to, who knows, but his wife or gf had a turn on the motorized skateboard and i observed her go splat(!) right behind him as he was staring at us. I so wish it was him tho!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
That's a good one! You know how you think of all these things you wanted to say after the incident happens?! i will keep that one in my arsenal tho!

He was so busy watching me and the boys as we walked off, maybe to see what we were up to, who knows, but his wife or gf had a turn on the motorized skateboard and i observed her go splat(!) right behind him as he was staring at us. I so wish it was him tho!

Yes, in the moment often we become mute, LOL but don't let him get to you. He obviously isn't a dog person. His loss. :D

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I talked to Finn's vet and there's no UTI. She's baffled by his sleep incontinence b/c he only does it at night and not during his naps during the day. She is going to give him a trial of PPA (phenylpropanolamine) to see if this helps w/the incontinence or not. Reading the side effect profile scares me tho (agitation, restlessness, hypertension) :(

Has anyone used PPA for incontinence before and any success?

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
thanks so much for the advice! i am going to try the 99cent or the dollar store here before going to the pet store. I'm so glad this is working out for Boo Boo :)

btw, how much does Boo Boo weight. Finn is now 55 lbs. Would that 4/5T size work?

Great tips here! I had a hard time figuring out sizing for Buttercup during her heat cycle. She has a spay surgery scheduled in a couple of weeks so we hope there will be no further need for diapers! She tolerated wearing the diapers fine but we made sure to change frequently so she didn't sit in her moist diaper for too long. We also took it off at night to give her some time to "breathe" and just put a towel over her blankets in her crate.

Here's our experience with sizing (Buttercup weighs 35 lbs): Target brand pullups size 4/5T (girl version) fit her with some room to spare. I liked them because the tabs are stretchy.

Pullups from Family Dollar were the same price but the tabs didn't stretch enough for the diaper to fit so I returned them.

We also used Huggies Li'l Swimmers in the largest size Target had (32 lbs+ I think) but those were pretty snug so I don't think they would work for a 55 lb dog. Also, they're a little more expensive than Target brand.

We used shirt stays attached to her harness to keep the diapers in place but I have seen others here use mattress clips (look easier) and the strap method boo boo butts mom mentioned looks even better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online