Help Needed! Should I put a diaper on him?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, Finn peed again in bed last night and it seems like he is doing it in his sleep. Usually I can detect him walking around in bed and then "positioning" himself to pee (he did this when he was younger), but I haven't noticed this at all so I'm suspecting that these latest accidents occur while he's asleep. We don't get the UA results til tomorrow. I'm worried he's become incontinent. For now, so that I don't have to launder the sheets every day, and b/c I don't like us sleeping in pee(!), I am thinking of looking for some diapers for Finn. I've never had to put a diaper on a dog and wondered if he'll even keep it on? He's fine w/shirts so I'm hoping he'll be cooperative w/a diaper. Anyone have success with diapers and bulldogs?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Is he only having accidents in bed? If you have to diaper him, get pull ups. They are like underwear and would fit him better I think. Does he have any kidney/bladder issues?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Is he only having accidents in bed? If you have to diaper him, get pull ups. They are like underwear and would fit him better I think. Does he have any kidney/bladder issues?

Yes, he only has the accidents overnight in bed while we're all asleep, so i would put the diaper on at bedtime only. The vet is ruling out a UTI so they got a urine sample yesterday and I'll find out tomorrow if he has a UTI or not. The peeing started about a week ago and he had around 4 accidents all last week, then again last night, nothing on Friday night. To top it off, he just started prednisone yesterday for his skin infection and that can make him pee more (and drink more)...so...this ain't no fun!!

thanku for the pull-up recommendation...i will definitely look out for those!

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I attempted 3x to upload a picture and it shows it loading but no picture shows up. But anyways I put one on my girl so she can come onto carpet and furniture (she like to pee on material things for some reason and this is the only way she won't do it and still enjoy coming onto carpet ect) but anyways I take a long strap and put it through one side of pull up and cross it over to other side an put it through and pull strap up to her harness and put it through shoulder parts of harness and just tie it to keep it in place, almost like suspenders . She walked as though she had something stuck up her but at first but she is use to it now lol. I hope that made sense to you in how I explained it and I am sorry if I have confused you is so. I will try again to show you the picture if it ever allows me to upload a picture. I buy pull ups size 4/5t.

Attachments

• IMG_0990[1].JPG
    IMG_0990[1].JPG
    655 KB · Views: 228
OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
also, am i looking at diapers for dogs or can i use a human baby diaper? does the sizing go by weight? :help:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I attempted 3x to upload a picture and it shows it loading but no picture shows up. But anyways I put one on my girl so she can come onto carpet and furniture (she like to pee on material things for some reason and this is the only way she won't do it and still enjoy coming onto carpet ect) but anyways I take a long strap and put it through one side of pull up and cross it over to other side an put it through and pull strap up to her harness and put it through shoulder parts of harness and just tie it to keep it in place, almost like suspenders . She walked as though she had something stuck up her but at first but she is use to it now lol. I hope that made sense to you in how I explained it and I am sorry if I have confused you is so. I will try again to show you the picture if it ever allows me to upload a picture. I buy pull ups size 4/5t.

that's a sweet picture of Boo Boo. Aww, sweet little thing! Are these dog diapers or human ones?

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
It worked lol but this pic is her wearing a depend lol, I use pull ups now as it is so much easier. IMG_1053[1].JPGIMG_1053[1].JPG

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
went to family dollar and bought 4/5 T pull ups lol, I think these are spiderman pull ups and they are very nice because the elastic on them never comes undone ever and I can pull that string I put in them over an over and over and they still stay together. One pull ups last forever lol. She uses them also when in heat. When she has to go outside potty I just untie and unloop from harness and pull down and she just steps out of them an away she goes. She knows the routine so well that it is super easy now.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
went to family dollar and bought 4/5 T pull ups lol, I think these are spiderman pull ups and they are very nice because the elastic on them never comes undone ever and I can pull that string I put in them over an over and over and they still stay together. One pull ups last forever lol. She uses them also when in heat. When she has to go outside potty I just untie and unloop from harness and pull down and she just steps out of them an away she goes. She knows the routine so well that it is super easy now.

thanks so much for the advice! i am going to try the 99cent or the dollar store here before going to the pet store. I'm so glad this is working out for Boo Boo :)

btw, how much does Boo Boo weight. Finn is now 55 lbs. Would that 4/5T size work?

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Diapers come undone as the tape wears out easily but the pull ups have this velcro type stuff or something similar to it that you can adjust according and never again will I go an buy anything else but the pull ups. Like I said one pair will last foreverl

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Boo weighs 50/51 lbs and they fit snug on her which makes it work out even better but I need the long string to slip through both sides and attach to her harness in order for them to stay on her. Kind of look like a french cut underwear when she is wearing them but it keeps them in place. Initially I placed through the holes of her harness but have since looped around shoulder straps and just tied in a bow. I thought it may have been pulling on her harness to much when I looped through the holes of her harness where you would attach the leash, so with them looped around the shoulder strap part of the harness I see it is more comfortable on her to wear and I don't worry it is pulling on her harness either.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.