Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Should I put a diaper on him?

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I think i may need to try these trousers, Donna. When i looked at the website the trouser looks really complex! I'm sure i'll get the hang of it but does it really stay on,even with a wiggler like Finn? i'm mainly planning to use this when he's asleep at night and he moves around a lot when he sleeps. He doesn't pee when he naps during the day.
    Thanks again for the tip!
    Henny, these tinkle trousers do stay on and they do work. I had some leakage with my boxer, because she was taking steroids and was totally incontinent 24/7 and was peeing gallons! But they can't wiggle out of them and once they get used to them, they are comfortable. They do look complicated, but once you learn how to put them on they're not any more complicated than putting on a harness. As I recall, I think there are instructions on the website. What I'm thinking is that you could measure Finn and figure out what size he would wear. The ones I have are mediums--I have a red one and a khaki one. Mine might be too big for him because Lily was a boxer, but if it turns out that he needs a medium, I'd be happy to give you one of mine. It would save you some money--they are a bit pricey, and I don't need mine anymore.
    I don't know if I can find, or if I still even have the instructions they came with. I could put a diaper in before I send it.

2. Likes cali baker, dolphin liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This has been quite educational!
    Yes it has!! I just read this whole thread and boy I had no idea about all of these, we have great people on here.

I so hope the vet can figure this out, big kisses to Finny.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am still waiting to hear back from the dr. re. Finn's UA.

I'm worried that if he doesn't have a UTI then he must have incontinence. I read this morning that dogs who have had their tails amputated can have a higher risk of incontinence. He has also had a prolapsed urethra in the past plus he is neutered and these are also possible contributors to incontinence. I need to see if medications can help him if this is the case.

He's been peeing at about 2am-ish for the past 2nights in a row and last week, about 3-4 nights. @Donnam has been so kind to give me one of her diapers to try out on Finn. I am feeling really overwhelmed and a little depressed. I think it's a combination of lack of sleep and worry about Finn.

Also, I got totally criticized last night by a jerk on a motorized skate board who told me i was an irresponsible owner for taking my two "uncontrollable" dogs out in public. Finn and Tate go a little bonkers when they see someone on a skateboard and though it's true that i had a hard time walking them b/c they were pulling me so hard when they saw the JERK (I'm being nice here) on his board, how about the other 95% of the time when they do walk well?! I know i shouldn't let such things get to me but it did and that plus everything else has made me reach for kleenex a little too much today!

Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)

Awe don't be sad and remember your a great person who loves her dogs and just is trying her hardest to make things better. Take a deep breath and smile because even if somebody was rude to you, he doesn't know anything about you and neither do I other that you are a caring person for your animals. That in my book speaks volumes about you. Smile and enjoy your day and don't let no idiot get you upset. If I were with you I would have had some very interesting words to say to him lol.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boo boo butts mom View Post
    Awe don't be sad and remember your a great person who loves her dogs and just is trying her hardest to make things better. Take a deep breath and smile because even if somebody was rude to you, he doesn't know anything about you and neither do I other that you are a caring person for your animals. That in my book speaks volumes about you. Smile and enjoy your day and don't let no idiot get you upset. If I were with you I would have had some very interesting words to say to him lol.
    thanks, i do appreciate this! and yes, I did have some "interesting words" and sign language for him

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

I am still waiting to hear back from the dr. re. Finn's UA.

I'm worried that if he doesn't have a UTI then he must have incontinence. I read this morning that dogs who have had their tails amputated can have a higher risk of incontinence. He has also had a prolapsed urethra in the past plus he is neutered and these are also possible contributors to incontinence. I need to see if medications can help him if this is the case.

He's been peeing at about 2am-ish for the past 2nights in a row and last week, about 3-4 nights. @Donnam has been so kind to give me one of her diapers to try out on Finn. I am feeling really overwhelmed and a little depressed. I think it's a combination of lack of sleep and worry about Finn.

Also, I got totally criticized last night by a jerk on a motorized skate board who told me i was an irresponsible owner for taking my two "uncontrollable" dogs out in public. Finn and Tate go a little bonkers when they see someone on a skateboard and though it's true that i had a hard time walking them b/c they were pulling me so hard when they saw the JERK (I'm being nice here) on his board, how about the other 95% of the time when they do walk well?! I know i shouldn't let such things get to me but it did and that plus everything else has made me reach for kleenex a little too much today!

You should have told him he's irresponsible for being a DOUCHE to society. I hope he hit a crack and fell off his stupid skateboard.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

8. Likes dolphin, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    You should have told him he's irresponsible for being a DOUCHE to society. I hope he hit a crack and fell off his stupid skateboard.

10. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

12. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That's a good one! You know how you think of all these things you wanted to say after the incident happens?! i will keep that one in my arsenal tho!

He was so busy watching me and the boys as we walked off, maybe to see what we were up to, who knows, but his wife or gf had a turn on the motorized skateboard and i observed her go splat(!) right behind him as he was staring at us. I so wish it was him tho!

14. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

That's a good one! You know how you think of all these things you wanted to say after the incident happens?! i will keep that one in my arsenal tho!

He was so busy watching me and the boys as we walked off, maybe to see what we were up to, who knows, but his wife or gf had a turn on the motorized skateboard and i observed her go splat(!) right behind him as he was staring at us. I so wish it was him tho!

Yes, in the moment often we become mute, LOL but don't let him get to you. He obviously isn't a dog person. His loss.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

16. Likes cali baker liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

sorry don't have an advise really. Just want Finn to be better. Wish you luck.
    Hug your bully today

18. Likes cali baker liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I talked to Finn's vet and there's no UTI. She's baffled by his sleep incontinence b/c he only does it at night and not during his naps during the day. She is going to give him a trial of PPA (phenylpropanolamine) to see if this helps w/the incontinence or not. Reading the side effect profile scares me tho (agitation, restlessness, hypertension)

Has anyone used PPA for incontinence before and any success?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads