Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Come on Bella baby! Let's hope it was just an upset tummy and she's feeling much better today :)

She would give you lots of big, wet kisses if you were here. Thank you!

One thing for sure, she was hungry. She gobbled it and then she tried to dig at the bottom for more. :)

She's playing a little now, so I'll see how this goes. Yesterday's incidents happened hours after she ate, so I'll give it a good amount of time before I update again.

You guys are the best!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
She would give you lots of big, wet kisses if you were here. Thank you!

One thing for sure, she was hungry. She gobbled it and then she tried to dig at the bottom for more. :)

She's playing a little now, so I'll see how this goes. Yesterday's incidents happened hours after she ate, so I'll give it a good amount of time before I update again.

You guys are the best!

Be careful with mulch, a lot of it is toxic. Especially if it is colored mulch!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hope she's better today! I'll be checking back--I'm worried about little Bella. Yeah, they LOVE that chicken and rice!

I may not be able to get her on kibble again! LOL

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Be careful with mulch, a lot of it is toxic. Especially if it is colored mulch!

You know, she was trying to eat black (or dark brown) mulch at the MS walk! I was standing in it and my friend said, "Oh, she's trying to eat the mulch." I removed some from her mouth and then stepped away from the mulch. Man, I wonder if she ate some. I did mention it to the ER doc.

They took blood work, to check for poisons. The blood work came back normal.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You know, she was trying to eat black (or dark brown) mulch at the MS walk! I was standing in it and my friend said, "Oh, she's trying to eat the mulch." I removed some from her mouth and then stepped away from the mulch. Man, I wonder if she ate some. I did mention it to the ER doc.

They took blood work, to check for poisons. The blood work came back normal.
That's good that the blood work came back normal. Just something to keep in mind. I don't use anything like that and I have googled all the plants in my back yard because my boys will eat anything.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just looked up dark/cocoa mulch and it would be considered toxic, not poisonous. the symptoms for toxicity are panting, drooling, vomiting, and diahrrea. I would just run it past the vet again if she isn't better. it is treatable.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I just looked up dark/cocoa mulch and it would be considered toxic, not poisonous. the symptoms for toxicity are panting, drooling, vomiting, and diahrrea. I would just run it past the vet again if she isn't better. it is treatable.

Wow, thank you!

She's still doing OK right now. She's snoring away on my lap...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just checking in on your girl… I'm glad she seems to be doing ok, keep us posted!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Glad to hear she didn't throw up today. That's always a good sign.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
About 2:10PM I gave her a little more food. It's 3PM and she's still Ok. Her activity is pretty normal, though I'm not letting her get really crazy.

That cocoa mulch info is terrifying, so I'm glad she seems to be doing much better. I'm still keeping a very close eye on her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
About 2:10PM I gave her a little more food. It's 3PM and she's still Ok. Her activity is pretty normal, though I'm not letting her get really crazy.

That cocoa mulch info is terrifying, so I'm glad she seems to be doing much better. I'm still keeping a very close eye on her.

awesome.... paws crossed it continues!

Most Reactions