Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Still waiting for the doc, but the tech said that Bella's stomach is sore/hurting. Should I ask for a regular x-ray? What's that other thing called that should show what an X-ray doesnt??

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Still waiting for the doc, but the tech said that Bella's stomach is sore/hurting. Should I ask for a regular x-ray? What's that other thing called that should show what an X-ray doesnt??

X-ray, ultrasound and a barium x-ray if they still don't see anything. I'm so sorry hon… praying :pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks! UGH

Remember it COULD be a stomach bug too… hopefully they will rule that out before they hit you up w/the expensive stuff.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm hoping it's just a little stomach bug and she will be fine in a day or two.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm so grateful for you all! Yeah, I mean her poop is totally normal and she vomits hours after she eats.

Man, I've been waiting here forever!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Just so I'm prepared, what's the general cost estimate on X-rays and such?

I wish they'd hurry up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just so I'm prepared, what's the general cost estimate on X-rays and such?

I wish they'd hurry up!

Ugh... I can't remember-- maybe $100-$150

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
OK, so dr confirmed that her tummy hurts her. He said that it could be an upset stomach, obstruction, or something else. They suggested blood work and an X-ray. They're also going to hydrate her. They don't do a barium X-ray right off the bat. He said they could give me something to ease her stomach tonight and I can have her regular vet do an X-ray tomorrow. Honestly, I feel more comfortable getting the X-ray now, as I don't know what's wrong and it may ease my mind a little.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OK, so dr confirmed that her tummy hurts her. He said that it could be an upset stomach, obstruction, or something else. They suggested blood work and an X-ray. They're also going to hydrate her. They don't do a barium X-ray right off the bat. He said they could give me something to ease her stomach tonight and I can have her regular vet do an X-ray tomorrow. Honestly, I feel more comfortable getting the X-ray now, as I don't know what's wrong and it may ease my mind a little.

Agreed

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm sitting here waiting and I hear a poor woman crying over her dog who just passed. This is horrible... God bless her.

I'm thinking about my little stinker. I really hope they find the cause of her discomfort. I hope the xray reveals something...something easily fixable.

When the doctor was here with her, she put the door stop, his stethoscope, and his watch in her mouth. She's just too much...my sweet girl.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hang in there....hoping it's just a stomach bug and she'll be just fine soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.