Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm sitting here searching the forum for "vomiting" because Bella started throwing up her food a couple of hours ago (1AM or so). She eats Fromm Lamb/Lentil.

Yesterday (Sat) she had a very active day, as we went to an MS Walk, then spent some time at Home Depot, and Petsmat. The temp was 55-60. When we got home at 3PM or so, she crashed. I had to wake her for dinner. She ate around 7:30 then went back to sleep. She woke around 1AM vomiting her food...I cleaned her and then she woke a bit later vomiting more food...then later she woke couple more times vomiting the rest of her food and a little saliva. After each vomit, she tries to eat it (I stop her) and then she goes back to sleep.

Her vomits consist of of her heaving (like a cat coughing a fur ball) and then quickly vomiting.

I suppose it's possible she ate something that I didn't notice, but I don't know. I'm trying to not freak out.

Should I just watch her all day (if her morning pop is normal) or just go to the emergency vet? She's had really bad allergies lately (conjunctivitis).

Her post-dinner poop was normal. She's almost 7 months old. I feed her 2 times a day, 7AM and 7PM. The only things I add to her food are coconut oil, fish oil, and ACV.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Now she keeps waking up snorting, like she has a lot of mucus.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Bella, she may have just overexerted herself yesterday. Is she drinking and keeping the water down? If not, then I would take her to see the vet. If she's drinking and you have any lemon handy add that to her water, that could help with the mucus.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Now she keeps waking up snorting, like she has a lot of mucus.

agree with Riisi -- is she drinking at all and does it stay down? how is she other wise, is she responsive and moving about normal?

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
agree with Riisi -- is she drinking at all and does it stay down? how is she other wise, is she responsive and moving about normal?

Her morning poop was normal.
She had a little water at 8AM and she is OK at the moment. She started chewing on her keys.

She definitely wants food, though. She went back to sitting in her feeding spot in the kitchen. I'm worried about giving it to her. Do you think it would be OK?

I'd say she's acting normally right now.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Her morning poop was normal.
She had a little water at 8AM and she is OK at the moment. She started chewing on her keys.

She definitely wants food, though. She went back to sitting in her feeding spot in the kitchen. I'm worried about giving it to her. Do you think it would be OK?

I'd say she's acting normally right now.

give her like a 1/4 cup and see how she does.... wait maybe 2 hours if she does not vomit, I'd say she is fine and just had too much activity for one day. If she does vomit.... off to the vet you go

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I would do the same thing.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Great advice given, just keep a close eye on her and make sure she is drinking water. Please keep us updated on how Bella is doing.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Well, she is right here next to me, acting normally. I fed her 1/4 of her breakfast at 8:30. She had water with her breakfast, but she doesn't want anymore. She's seems totally OK right now. I just really don't want her to throw up again. It was really scary.

I guess I don't get why she would have thrown up all of her dinner overnight because she had a really active day.

Thanks everyone!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry you're going through this with Bella, and I hope she feels better soon. I agree with the others that she probably had too much activity yesterday, and you have been given great advice above. I would just keep an eye on her today and limit her activity to just short potty breaks and let her rest. These babies are so sensitive to even a little bit of heat or humidity, and most a bullies only tolerate walks of about 20 minutes before they tore out or start to pant.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, she is right here next to me, acting normally. I fed her 1/4 of her breakfast at 8:30. She had water with her breakfast, but she doesn't want anymore. She's seems totally OK right now. I just really don't want her to throw up again. It was really scary.

I guess I don't get why she would have thrown up all of her dinner overnight because she had a really active day.

Thanks everyone!

Could have just given her an upset belly and when she ate, the food started to digest, her system was not having it... :shout: go back to her normal feeding time and amount and see how she does. I'd stick to her like glue today and make sure every thing stays normal.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You have been given some great advice… just wanted to add that I hope Bella feels better today!!! Keep us posted ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.