Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Ok so last night I gave Wally some metacam after dinnerā€¦ and I waited awhile before I decided to clean around his tail. He acted a little strange (like he liked it but wasn't sureā€¦ Lol) but I didn't get face level w/him in case he went after me again. NOTHINGā€¦ he just went around in circles that was it. I obviously couldn't tell if it was infected, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him now that he's on meds. Hopefully it will heal, but I guess I need to start cleaning his bum on a regular basis :unsure:

Okay Tracey! I said I would send you a couple of pics of me wiping Winnie's bottom (with only Jack to help me:)), so here they are. I'm glad Wally is doing better and hope you don't even need these pics. I'll post them anyway. They may help someone else whose bully doesn't really like her tail pocket cleaned. The first pic is me giving Winnie a treat to get her positioned between me and the wall. The second one is me holding her while I wipe. This has become a big treat for Winnie and Jack (me, not so much) because of the cheese. Winnie never snapped at me, even in the beginning, but if she tried I don't think she could get me in this position.
image.jpg image.jpg

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Okay Tracey! I said I would send you a couple of pics of me wiping Winnie's bottom (with only Jack to help me:)), so here they are. I'm glad Wally is doing better and hope you don't even need these pics. I'll post them anyway. They may help someone else whose bully doesn't really like her tail pocket cleaned. The first pic is me giving Winnie a treat to get her positioned between me and the wall. The second one is me holding her while I wipe. This has become a big treat for Winnie and Jack (me, not so much) because of the cheese. Winnie never snapped at me, even in the beginning, but if she tried I don't think she could get me in this position.
View attachment 86761 View attachment 86762

Thanks for the picsā€¦ actually it really DOES help me, and I will try this the next time I clean Wally. I'm cracking up at Jack, he's wondering what all the fuss is aboutā€¦ Lol ;)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Thanks for the picsā€¦ actually it really DOES help me, and I will try this the next time I clean Wally. I'm cracking up at Jack, he's wondering what all the fuss is aboutā€¦ Lol ;)

i don't know if Winnie would let me do it without the cheese! And Jack gets a piece of cheese every time Winnie does!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
View attachment 86761 View attachment 86762

This is amazing! It helps me, too. LOL! Bella has started to run from me when it's cleaning time. It's a total fight now, every time. I clean her face first (with witch hazel), which she HATES!! Then I clean her ears, her tail pocket is last. I need to try something else, as I feel bad holding her face when I wipe it.

Tracey, I hope Wally feels 100% really soon!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This is amazing! It helps me, too. LOL! Bella has started to run from me when it's cleaning time. It's a total fight now, every time. I clean her face first (with witch hazel), which she HATES!! Then I clean her ears, her tail pocket is last. I need to try something else, as I feel bad holding her face when I wipe it.

Tracey, I hope Wally feels 100% really soon!

I stopped giving him the metacam, and he seems to be fine. He's letting me clean his bum now, little stinkerā€¦ Lol

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online