Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, sweet Cami acted the same, right for the face too.

They are letting you know, it hurts!...poor luv bug :(

Praying it's not too infected and responds asap!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok so last night I gave Wally some metacam after dinnerā€¦ and I waited awhile before I decided to clean around his tail. He acted a little strange (like he liked it but wasn't sureā€¦ Lol) but I didn't get face level w/him in case he went after me again. NOTHINGā€¦ he just went around in circles that was it. I obviously couldn't tell if it was infected, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him now that he's on meds. Hopefully it will heal, but I guess I need to start cleaning his bum on a regular basis :unsure:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Ok so last night I gave Wally some metacam after dinnerā€¦ and I waited awhile before I decided to clean around his tail. He acted a little strange (like he liked it but wasn't sureā€¦ Lol) but I didn't get face level w/him in case he went after me again. NOTHINGā€¦ he just went around in circles that was it. I obviously couldn't tell if it was infected, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him now that he's on meds. Hopefully it will heal, but I guess I need to start cleaning his bum on a regular basis :unsure:

Tracey, I have to clean Winnie's tail pocket all by myself and I'll try to tell you how I do it. She was awful at first and she still doesn't like it, but she comes to me and lets me do it when I say, "Let's wipe Winnie's bottom!" Jack comes running too, because he likes to help (eat treats). Okay, I get some pieces of cheese for treats. I get on the floor by the wall, facing away from the wall. I turn to the left a little and give Winnie a treat out of my left hand which is behind my back, so that her head ends up between my back/left side and the wall. Then I bend down over her and I'm holding her around her waist with my left arm (her head is away from my face). I wipe her tail pocket with a Malacetic wipe--give her another treat--wipe again holding her the same way again. I don't even know if Wally needs a squirt of A&D or not, but I do that for Winnie with a syringe with a curved tip. Apparently this treatment works well, because she's never had any issue with her tail pocket. Does my explanation make any sense at all? The trick is the cheese--a treat before each wipe to get her in position and a treat at the end for a reward.

This may or may not help--just thought I'd throw it out there. I hope Wally's well soon!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, tail pocket infections are very painful, and I'm glad you have the pain meds to help him. Hope he feels better soon, once you get it cleaned out well.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey, I have to clean Winnie's tail pocket all by myself and I'll try to tell you how I do it. She was awful at first and she still doesn't like it, but she comes to me and lets me do it when I say, "Let's wipe Winnie's bottom!" Jack comes running too, because he likes to help (eat treats). Okay, I get some pieces of cheese for treats. I get on the floor by the wall, facing away from the wall. I turn to the left a little and give Winnie a treat out of my left hand which is behind my back, so that her head ends up between my back/left side and the wall. Then I bend down over her and I'm holding her around her waist with my left arm (her head is away from my face). I wipe her tail pocket with a Malacetic wipe--give her another treat--wipe again holding her the same way again. I don't even know if Wally needs a squirt of A&D or not, but I do that for Winnie with a syringe with a curved tip. Apparently this treatment works well, because she's never had any issue with her tail pocket. Does my explanation make any sense at all? The trick is the cheese--a treat before each wipe to get her in position and a treat at the end for a reward.

This may or may not help--just thought I'd throw it out there. I hope Wally's well soon!

I may need a picture to see thisā€¦ it kinda sounds like a game of twisterā€¦ LMAO!!! :blink:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] - How's Wally's bum doing - better I hope?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene - How's Wally's bum doing - better I hope?

Well I honestly DON'T knowā€¦ I know that sounds crazy!!! He has been letting me wipe his bottom w/the duoxo pad now that he's on the metacam, but I haven't gotten down there to investigate. My daughter Lily usually helps me w/him and she's now running a fever and sore throat (I think she has strep) so I didn't want her to try and wrestle him since she feels bad. My lifeā€¦ Lol Thanks for asking ;)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Well I honestly DON'T knowā€¦ I know that sounds crazy!!! He has been letting me wipe his bottom w/the duoxo pad now that he's on the metacam, but I haven't gotten down there to investigate. My daughter Lily usually helps me w/him and she's now running a fever and sore throat (I think she has strep) so I didn't want her to try and wrestle him since she feels bad. My lifeā€¦ Lol Thanks for asking ;)

Awe, well if he's letting you clean, that's good to wipe away anything bad there. He may need some ointment - this life you speak of, I know it all too well Sigh.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] sorry to hear Lily's sick. Just another thing to add to everything else. :(

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
If it's not one thing, it's another! I'm sorry Lily's sick too :(

At least Wally isn't give you attitude anymore while you're touching his tail tho, right? that's a positive :)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene sorry to hear Lily's sick. Just another thing to add to everything else. :(

Oh it gets betterā€¦ my son had an eye appt today, so after boot camp I ran him to the opthomologist. Got lunch for everybody, and scarfed that down now headed for a shower FINALLY!!! AND then to Lily's doctorā€¦ WHEW!!! :whew: What a mondayā€¦ Lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] you are one busy mama today.

The Wally tail thing has me stumped. But I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

Oh, everyone I know is sick. I've been sick for a week now and today's the worst. Just as I got better, I woke up this morning feeling drowsy and lightheaded. It hasn't gone away since. If I move too fast, I feel like I'm gonna fall.
Chris had to come home and walk the dogs today.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene you are one busy mama today.

The Wally tail thing has me stumped. But I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

Oh, everyone I know is sick. I've been sick for a week now and today's the worst. Just as I got better, I woke up this morning feeling drowsy and lightheaded. It hasn't gone away since. If I move too fast, I feel like I'm gonna fall.
Chris had to come home and walk the dogs today.

I need an assistantā€¦ LMAO!!! I don't know what's going on w/his tail, but at least he's letting me clean the dang thing. I was sick for 8 weeks w/a stupid sinus infection that would NOT go away, I had to take 3 different types of antibiotics!!! I swear if I catch strep from Ms. Thang I'm moving out!!! :yell: Ellie I hope you feel better...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.