Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wally's behavior last night...

Is Wally trying to lick his tail or doing what I call the "whip around" where it looks like he's chasing his tail ? this is what Finn would do when he had a tail infection. Seems odd that the groomer didn't detect any issues around the tail area but then this happens when he got home. Is he acting normal otherwise, like being playful? Hoping mr.Wally feels better very soon!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Usko don't let me clean his tail when it's not good and will do just that. He only growls like grazy for the hubby. Do you have a table were you can lift him? A lot of times they're not acting out when they're up on a table, so you could get it cleaned????

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Is Wally trying to lick his tail or doing what I call the "whip around" where it looks like he's chasing his tail ? this is what Finn would do when he had a tail infection. Seems odd that the groomer didn't detect any issues around the tail area but then this happens when he got home. Is he acting normal otherwise, like being playful? Hoping mr.Wally feels better very soon!
    You know now that you mention it he DOES that… the whip around at times, but he always let's me clean his tail. I usually only do it once a week because we've never had an issue… NOW I'm wondering if this has been an issue and I haven't been paying attention to it. I'm so consumed w/his eyes lately, I haven't noticed his bottom I'm wondering if maybe they injured his tail yesterday (by accident) or if just got moist in there and now it's more irritating than normal. He's playing like normal, just went after his varsity ball… but he does seem to be a little restless. I'm picking up that Metacam in a bit here…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Usko don't let me clean his tail when it's not good and will do just that. He only growls like grazy for the hubby. Do you have a table were you can lift him? A lot of times they're not acting out when they're up on a table, so you could get it cleaned????
    I could put him on the coffee table (it's already scratched up to pieces from Bella) but I want to give him the pain meds first.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Yes, sweet Cami acted the same, right for the face too.

They are letting you know, it hurts!...poor luv bug

Praying it's not too infected and responds asap!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

5. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ok so last night I gave Wally some metacam after dinner… and I waited awhile before I decided to clean around his tail. He acted a little strange (like he liked it but wasn't sure… Lol) but I didn't get face level w/him in case he went after me again. NOTHING… he just went around in circles that was it. I obviously couldn't tell if it was infected, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him now that he's on meds. Hopefully it will heal, but I guess I need to start cleaning his bum on a regular basis

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Ok so last night I gave Wally some metacam after dinner… and I waited awhile before I decided to clean around his tail. He acted a little strange (like he liked it but wasn't sure… Lol) but I didn't get face level w/him in case he went after me again. NOTHING… he just went around in circles that was it. I obviously couldn't tell if it was infected, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him now that he's on meds. Hopefully it will heal, but I guess I need to start cleaning his bum on a regular basis
    Tracey, I have to clean Winnie's tail pocket all by myself and I'll try to tell you how I do it. She was awful at first and she still doesn't like it, but she comes to me and lets me do it when I say, "Let's wipe Winnie's bottom!" Jack comes running too, because he likes to help (eat treats). Okay, I get some pieces of cheese for treats. I get on the floor by the wall, facing away from the wall. I turn to the left a little and give Winnie a treat out of my left hand which is behind my back, so that her head ends up between my back/left side and the wall. Then I bend down over her and I'm holding her around her waist with my left arm (her head is away from my face). I wipe her tail pocket with a Malacetic wipe--give her another treat--wipe again holding her the same way again. I don't even know if Wally needs a squirt of A&D or not, but I do that for Winnie with a syringe with a curved tip. Apparently this treatment works well, because she's never had any issue with her tail pocket. Does my explanation make any sense at all? The trick is the cheese--a treat before each wipe to get her in position and a treat at the end for a reward.

This may or may not help--just thought I'd throw it out there. I hope Wally's well soon!

8. Likes cali baker liked this post
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Poor boy, tail pocket infections are very painful, and I'm glad you have the pain meds to help him. Hope he feels better soon, once you get it cleaned out well.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

10. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Tracey, I have to clean Winnie's tail pocket all by myself and I'll try to tell you how I do it. She was awful at first and she still doesn't like it, but she comes to me and lets me do it when I say, "Let's wipe Winnie's bottom!" Jack comes running too, because he likes to help (eat treats). Okay, I get some pieces of cheese for treats. I get on the floor by the wall, facing away from the wall. I turn to the left a little and give Winnie a treat out of my left hand which is behind my back, so that her head ends up between my back/left side and the wall. Then I bend down over her and I'm holding her around her waist with my left arm (her head is away from my face). I wipe her tail pocket with a Malacetic wipe--give her another treat--wipe again holding her the same way again. I don't even know if Wally needs a squirt of A&D or not, but I do that for Winnie with a syringe with a curved tip. Apparently this treatment works well, because she's never had any issue with her tail pocket. Does my explanation make any sense at all? The trick is the cheese--a treat before each wipe to get her in position and a treat at the end for a reward.

This may or may not help--just thought I'd throw it out there. I hope Wally's well soon!
    I may need a picture to see this… it kinda sounds like a game of twister… LMAO!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I may need a picture to see this… it kinda sounds like a game of twister… LMAO!!!
    Hahaha, I can see why you'd need a pic! I'll get hubby to take one later and post it.

13. Likes ddnene liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@ddnene - How's Wally's bum doing - better I hope?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @ddnene - How's Wally's bum doing - better I hope?
    Well I honestly DON'T know… I know that sounds crazy!!! He has been letting me wipe his bottom w/the duoxo pad now that he's on the metacam, but I haven't gotten down there to investigate. My daughter Lily usually helps me w/him and she's now running a fever and sore throat (I think she has strep) so I didn't want her to try and wrestle him since she feels bad. My life… Lol Thanks for asking

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Well I honestly DON'T know… I know that sounds crazy!!! He has been letting me wipe his bottom w/the duoxo pad now that he's on the metacam, but I haven't gotten down there to investigate. My daughter Lily usually helps me w/him and she's now running a fever and sore throat (I think she has strep) so I didn't want her to try and wrestle him since she feels bad. My life… Lol Thanks for asking
    Awe, well if he's letting you clean, that's good to wipe away anything bad there. He may need some ointment - this life you speak of, I know it all too well Sigh.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads