Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's not infected...but it's itching her something fierce. Actually....it could be a little infected, I've looked and it's red. What is something that will give her relief immediately? But will not cause more yeast to grow? We've done the malaket....which she loves. She wants me to keep doing them...because it's an itch she can't get too. I do them...and it obviously feels good to her, but it's causing more irritation because I'm putting my finger in a very very tight spot! Her itchy spot is on the side of the tail. She is throwing herself around the room because her pocket is itching. I'm a bad mom and I gave her a tramadol hoping to help relieve the itch/pain. We already give her benedryl and she got her last dose at 8pm.

Suggestions?

Please and thank you. (actually...she is on the floor snoring like crazy. Maybe the tramadol did a little to help her relax)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Tramadol sounds a bit heavy for an itch, but it did work, kind of. Have you tried Desitin?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Witch hazel.... Or desitin/monkeybutt...

I also had this powder our vet gave us cause Banks had this happen a lot....neo-Predef which worked great.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Cheryl, I don't have any experience with tail pockets, as my guys don't have one, I just wanted to send hugs to Orion, I hope she feels better. Have you tried putting some Polysporin or Neo sporting on the irritated area? It might help if there is a little infection.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Malacteic Ultra Otic. The Ultra has hydrocortisone in it to help stop the itch. Wellie gets itchy ears and it works on him.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the witch hazel or monkey butt. I have the malecetic wipes, but ALL my dogs hate the smell and I have to chase them down… Lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Mine hate the smell of it too. I really wish they came out with a new fragrance, it's supposed to be peach I think?? lol..
I only use the Ultra for when they're itching- like Wellie's ears.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
She loves loves loves the malaket! So the witch hazel kind it does the same thing correct? I'm worried about putting something inside that tight area and it not drying out, creating more of a mess.

Yes, the tramadol was a little heavy duty for an itch. But I wasn't sure if it was just an itch or if it was sore.

Tramadol isn't a narcotic. It just recently got moved to a scheduled drug, which most of the medical world thinks is ridiculous. It works really well for pets.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She loves loves loves the malaket! So the witch hazel kind it does the same thing correct? I'm worried about putting something inside that tight area and it not drying out, creating more of a mess.

The witch hazel is a natural astringent… it should help heal the infection, but not dry out the area too much. If it's super dry in there then I guess the diaper ointment may be the best choice. I think Wally has an issue too, he snapped at me last night. I guess I know what we are both doing today… ;)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor Orion. My boys dint have tail pockets but frankie has a tight cork screw tail and "stuff" gets stuck behind it. He gets super itchy if debris gets in the hairs on the flat side his tail.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.