VERY impressed with Better Health International!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
It was time to get more Salmon Oil, so I posted and was given links to a couple places to order from online. Waaaaay cheaper than Petsmart or Petco, where I had gotten my first bottle. So I decided to go with the 64 oz. Wild Salmon Oil from Better Health International. It was $37.75 and $4.95 for shipping. I ordered on Tues. Wed. I received an email and tracking info. My order had not only shipped, it was sent priority! I got it yesterday! Pretty amazing, I thought, since 64 oz. is NOT a light weight package. I tried it this-morning. I was also pleased to see it has a pumper top, so I didn't have to pour it into the old pump bottle I'd saved from Petco.

Now, I did notice a big difference in this oil. I'm curious what everyone else's consists of? The oil from Petco was very light colored, almost clear, and it was a very light consistency also. This oil is almost orange in color and seems thicker. Does anyone know? Which is better? Is one better than the other? Why the differences? Just curious....

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
The fish oil supplements I have seen (like the one my mom buys for her pups) that have assorted fish oils in it is always clear. The wild alaskan salmon oil I get is the orange color you are talking about. I don't know for sure what the right answer is but I personally feel like the salmon oil is better.

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]: Sounds like you have the stuff I have. Does it make Samson smell fishy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
This thread very much interests me. Yesterday I went to visit my husband's father and noticed how soft Tank (his pitbull) was. Tank is 10 years old and felt like a puppy! I was thinking about salmon oil for Chunk too since that is what Tank gets. I guess it's a good thing for bullies too?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
The Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil we have is more of an orange color. I think we paid almost 30 bucks for a quart so your source is reeeeeeally a good price. We have stopped giving it to Gracie because we think she may be slightly allergic to it. Seems like she licks her legs more after have food laced with salmon oil.... not sure. Has anyone else had an allergy problem with salmon oil???

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] So glad you liked this website - I spent hours going through every online supplier to price up each one and they were definitely the best deal. I've only ever used the Grizzly salmon oil so I haven't noticed any difference in the color ...

[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] Before I started using the grizzly salmon oil Maggie's coat was very coarse and rough feeling. We put her on the salmon oil purely to boost her immune system but it did have the great side effect that her coat is beautiful and soft now!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] That is WONDERFUL to hear. I'm ordering Sir Chunk-a-lot salmon oil and the nuvet plus that everyone uses. Really praying that these changes (including his latest food change) will take care of his entropion. :eek:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
How do you determine how much to give the doggies of the salmon oil?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I gave Maggie 1 1/2 pumps once, and sometimes twice a day. She weighs 35-36lbs now. I gave more than what it said on the bottle .... @Lindathedogsmaid is a dog food guru and I went with Linda's advice to give more because we wanted to boost Maggie's immune system. For Chunk I would give what it says on the bottle plus half of the recommended dose on top of that. They love this stuff and it is just SO good for them

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok sounds good! He's 53 lbs so he'll definitely need more. Not looking forward to the smell though! :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't think it smelt too bad .. and I certainly didn't smell anything on Maggie or any of the other dogs after they'd eaten it .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.