Help Needed! Finn has issues

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I also thing it's allergies, but yea best to get it all checked out.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene, Finn does have some areas where I've rubbed his hair and some fur comes out. He gets into everything; like when he pees, he has to find the biggest bush and literally climbs into it, then kicks all this dirt all over the place. I wonder if the dirt combined with the rubbing of the varsity ball, if that's all contributing to his skin.

I feel like the mom that doesn't keep her kid clean! :(
I usually just wipe him down with water and baby wipes after he plays, plus I've been putting a tee shirt on him but he still gets so filthy so now I'm thinking i need to bathe him more often.

Oh, and at tomorrow's visit I'm going to ask the vet about Finn's anxiety and see what she thinks of any pharmacologics that might help. Might as well get that discussion opened up too...

What did the doc say?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What did the doc say?

The vet did a culture on the thick patches of skin and says it's a bacterial infxn so he's now on Simplicef x14 days and Prednisone. She also did a UA on him but we don't get results til Monday. I don't think he has a UTI after all b/c he doesn't have any other sx's like excessive thirst or frequent urination during the day; it was only those nights where he pee'd in bed but maybe that was a stress-related issue. He didn't pee in bed last night but i watched him like a hawk! He also has a slight ear infxn so i'm giving him ointment for that. Oh, and she doesn't think he needs any psychotropic meds (yet) but did refer me to a trainer she knows. So....I'm just now sharing some waffle fries from Chik Fil La with the two of them, and the little squirt seems to be doing okay! :)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Hopefully it was just a temporary stress thing, because that is a lot of stuff to happen all at once! Glad that you got Finn to the vet and nothing was too serious. What lucky boys to get waffle fries!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet did a culture on the thick patches of skin and says it's a bacterial infxn so he's now on Simplicef x14 days and Prednisone. She also did a UA on him but we don't get results til Monday. I don't think he has a UTI after all b/c he doesn't have any other sx's like excessive thirst or frequent urination during the day; it was only those nights where he pee'd in bed but maybe that was a stress-related issue. He didn't pee in bed last night but i watched him like a hawk! He also has a slight ear infxn so i'm giving him ointment for that. Oh, and she doesn't think he needs any psychotropic meds (yet) but did refer me to a trainer she knows. So....I'm just now sharing some waffle fries from Chik Fil La with the two of them, and the little squirt seems to be doing okay! :)

Awesome news, hopefully no uti. Yummy waffle fries!! :up:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I hope your baby Finn feels better soon, and yeah who couldn't resist the waffle fries!!! Lol :w00t:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping Finn will better soon!

Memphis Mama

Mar 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Our little guy gets hot spots like crazy, and our vet gives him Cephalexin (antiobiotic), and we use a spray called Vetericyn VF which works miracles on his spots! Usually clears them up within a couple of days.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Our little guy gets hot spots like crazy, and our vet gives him Cephalexin (antiobiotic), and we use a spray called Vetericyn VF which works miracles on his spots! Usually clears them up within a couple of days.

Finn's on a cephalosporin currently and some prednisone. I will need to p/u some of that Vetericyn. He's hanging in there!

- - - Updated - - -

I hope your baby feels better soon..We seem to all be dealing with skin issues right now.Sending healing vibes

thanku Christie!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Big hugs to you & the boys.

Prayers of healing & peaceful calm for Finn & GOD's
comfort & strength for you...much love!

Renee75

May 1, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda and Molly
My girls both have Alapecia right now due to allergies. My Matilda has a hard bump as well. I put gentizol on it I was thinking a bug bite. I hope you get it figured out :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.