Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Finn has issues

@ddnene, Finn does have some areas where I've rubbed his hair and some fur comes out. He gets into everything; like when he pees, he has to find the biggest bush and literally climbs into it, then kicks all this dirt all over the place. I wonder if the dirt combined with the rubbing of the varsity ball, if that's all contributing to his skin.

I feel like the mom that doesn't keep her kid clean!
    I usually just wipe him down with water and baby wipes after he plays, plus I've been putting a tee shirt on him but he still gets so filthy so now I'm thinking i need to bathe him more often.

Oh, and at tomorrow's visit I'm going to ask the vet about Finn's anxiety and see what she thinks of any pharmacologics that might help. Might as well get that discussion opened up too...

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    @ddnene, Finn does have some areas where I've rubbed his hair and some fur comes out. He gets into everything; like when he pees, he has to find the biggest bush and literally climbs into it, then kicks all this dirt all over the place. I wonder if the dirt combined with the rubbing of the varsity ball, if that's all contributing to his skin.

I usually just wipe him down with water and baby wipes after he plays, plus I've been putting a tee shirt on him but he still gets so filthy so now I'm thinking i need to bathe him more often.

Oh, and at tomorrow's visit I'm going to ask the vet about Finn's anxiety and see what she thinks of any pharmacologics that might help. Might as well get that discussion opened up too...
    Ugh… maybe his anxiety issues are contributing to the hair loss?!! I know it happens w/people… I'm so sorry, and you are a GREAT MOM Seriously we can't keep on top of every little thing that happens, and lets face it when something happens it's usually a mother load of issues!!! And you don't want to restrict him from enjoying the outdoors, this is a tough situation… I hope the vet has some answers for you tomorrow!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It is allergy season and I bet it's all related to that. I would do the same with our kids and get them in to see the vet and talk with them. I hope everything works itself out, poor little Paddington Bear.

4. Likes cali baker liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I also thing it's allergies, but yea best to get it all checked out.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What did the doc say?

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    What did the doc say?
    The vet did a culture on the thick patches of skin and says it's a bacterial infxn so he's now on Simplicef x14 days and Prednisone. She also did a UA on him but we don't get results til Monday. I don't think he has a UTI after all b/c he doesn't have any other sx's like excessive thirst or frequent urination during the day; it was only those nights where he pee'd in bed but maybe that was a stress-related issue. He didn't pee in bed last night but i watched him like a hawk! He also has a slight ear infxn so i'm giving him ointment for that. Oh, and she doesn't think he needs any psychotropic meds (yet) but did refer me to a trainer she knows. So....I'm just now sharing some waffle fries from Chik Fil La with the two of them, and the little squirt seems to be doing okay!

8. Likes dolphin, ddnene liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully it was just a temporary stress thing, because that is a lot of stuff to happen all at once! Glad that you got Finn to the vet and nothing was too serious. What lucky boys to get waffle fries!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

10. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The vet did a culture on the thick patches of skin and says it's a bacterial infxn so he's now on Simplicef x14 days and Prednisone. She also did a UA on him but we don't get results til Monday. I don't think he has a UTI after all b/c he doesn't have any other sx's like excessive thirst or frequent urination during the day; it was only those nights where he pee'd in bed but maybe that was a stress-related issue. He didn't pee in bed last night but i watched him like a hawk! He also has a slight ear infxn so i'm giving him ointment for that. Oh, and she doesn't think he needs any psychotropic meds (yet) but did refer me to a trainer she knows. So....I'm just now sharing some waffle fries from Chik Fil La with the two of them, and the little squirt seems to be doing okay!
    Awesome news, hopefully no uti. Yummy waffle fries!!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I hope your baby Finn feels better soon, and yeah who couldn't resist the waffle fries!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Hoping Finn will better soon!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

14. Likes cali baker, dolphin liked this post
    Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Our little guy gets hot spots like crazy, and our vet gives him Cephalexin (antiobiotic), and we use a spray called Vetericyn VF which works miracles on his spots! Usually clears them up within a couple of days.

16. Likes cali baker, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

I hope your baby feels better soon..We seem to all be dealing with skin issues right now.Sending healing vibes

18. Likes cali baker liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads