Cloudy Eyes

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Need some help guys. Tyson had his cherry eye tucks done early Feb and all seemed well. The day I was taking him for his post-op check his eyes looked all swollen and puffy like if he had cherry eye again. When I took him to our vet he showed me that the pockets/sutures were in place and the puffiness was most likely due to allergies. When he lifted the upper part of Ty's eye lids the tissue was also irritated. So he put him on Temaril twice a day for 5 days and then once a day for another week or so. He also had me buy Omega EPA to give him to build up his immunities. The meds seem to work but when they wear off it's right back again. His eyes have been tearing a lot and sometimes when he gets up you can see he struggles to open his eyes. Tonight I noticed a bit of cloudiness in his left eye. I am taking him to the vet tomorrow and have him look at it. Curious to see if anyone has had this issue or can tell me what this looks like. I noticed at times not only is the eye tearing up but it seems as if they are sensitive and bother him.
ca7b1b53aa07274d1512e53c7bdafc50.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no eye drops given ?

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He did have drops for a while and when they were almost done we had the post-op recheck and then he was given the Temaril.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have some antibiotic ointment and put a little in the eye until tomorrow when we see the vet. Really freaked out because if you google "cloudy eye" so much stuff comes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmmm… looks to me as if he may have an eye ulcer. Walter has distichia (inner eyelashes) that have caused an ulcer, and I have drops and ointment to give him until he has his surgery. You will need a vet to look at his eye to see if he has an ulcer… I'm sorry :(

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie has dry eye in her right eye and gets ulcers on her left and her's always are cloudy like that. I would get a dry eye test done just incase. If it's an ulcer, the vet will give you some antibiotic ointment until it clears up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ruthie has dry eye in her right eye and gets ulcers on her left and her's always are cloudy like that. I would get a dry eye test done just incase. If it's an ulcer, the vet will give you some antibiotic ointment until it clears up.

I swear Ruthie and Molly are the same bulldog!

Molly was also dx'd with dry eye after finding out she had ulcers, but in her case she showed no signs at all, no squinting or nothing, just one day her eyes looked cloudy to me......the ulcers did permanent damage and she needs drops daily. I wish I found out sooner so she didn't have to have permanent damage so now I tell anyone who has eye issues to not mess around, sooner they can be treated, the better.

Keep us posted! :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
His vet is out today and they asked if I wanted to see someone else but I opted to wait until tomorrow to see him. I will put more of the antibiotic ointment. I am praying that it's something that is treatable and manageable. Thank you all for chiming in and sharing. Praying for the best for all of our pups.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok feeling a bit scared so I called and asked to see the other vet tonight. I am just wary of waiting.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=4054]Bizzymammabee[/MENTION]
If you need an excellent ophthalmologist, let me know.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Harvey had an ulcer but was seen by the vet as soon as he started squinting fortunately. I did not notice any cloudiness in his eye, knock on wood.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got back from the vet..the sutures have to come out. Although they are melt away and what is deemed the least reactive, Ty seems to be having issues with them. Normally they are gone within a month or so but for some dogs it can take longer. Once that is done he will be on an antibiotic drop or ointment for a while in addition to his handy dandy benadryls for his allergies. I felt so bad having to leave him.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@nycbullymamma I would greatly appreciate that ophthalmologist info.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no, I'm so glad you took him in, hopefully he will be feeling better in no time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.