URGENT!!! Bulldog with enteropathy

daviesdru

Jul 26, 2011
Jalisco
Country
Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickles
Thank you for your response. I have been feeding him ground sirloin, boiled and rinsed, boiled andrinsed chicken and rice. I also give him the equivalent of 3 cooked egg whites a day to improve his albumin level. Our vet had not used steroids. He is giving Trimebutine, which treats irritable bowel syndrome, and Onoton, a digestive aid, along with Lombardia, a granular supplement with vitamins, calcium and protein. In addition, he has been taking the Herbsmith Microflora Plus for almost 2 months. Some of the things he is taking will probably be unfamiliar as we live in Mexico. His vet has successfully treated other dogs with PLE so we are very hopeful. He still had diarrhea and has lost 5 pounds since this started in February. He now weights 55 pounds which is his goal weight. It was good he was a little overweight so he had something to lose! Three weeks ago he was diagnosed with A-fib and is now on medication for this, too. He is a trouper! He seems to be feeling better but the diarrhea continues. He is holding his weight so that is a good sign. He has follow up bloodwork every 6 weeks. Our vet is agreeable to giving the Microflora but is not convinced it is helping. I bought 2 boxes so we will continue to give it to him and continue to evaluate. He started taking this May 4th. His last blood work showed higher level of albumin so we are headed in the right direction there. I will show our vet your suggestions. One day at a time, one step at a time. Pickles just had his 7th birthday. We know he is in the last trimester of life but we will continue to do everything we can to make him comfortable and the happy, entertaining pup he has always been. Thanks so much for your help!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online