URGENT!!! Bulldog with enteropathy

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
My other girl who had issues similar was put on the iams prescription formula canned food which you give to them in small amounts and it is great on the digestive system and it forms bowel movements rather than diarrhea. You do have to get it from the vet or have a prescription for it to order it online. They also have it in kibble form but the canned food begins working immediately given in small amounts several times a day.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
Jolene94, please give us an update on Mr Wilson. Still praying for that baby.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Your Precious Bulldog for a Speedy Recovery. Love and Kisses.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
any updates on this? sad that we haven't heard anything. hoping for the best.

OP
J

Jolene94

Apr 21, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
UPDATE.. Thankyou all & sorry I haven't posted sooner... Will run through briefly events of what's been happening, Wilson is still seriously ill but everything possible is being done for him.My daughter & her partner made the decision to have him "opened up" a very hard decision to make as he was so weak & with the risk of the anaesthetic but they felt they were losing him anyway & all other tests including blood tests, barium meal, X-rays, ultrasound & endoscopy biopsy were coming back with no answers. He was operated on & internal biopsies were taken & the results are back that he has lymphangiectasia & protein losing enteropathy. The poor baby has certainly gone through so much ..he is still very very weak & has lost so much weight that it's heartbreaking to see but we are still hoping for him to make a recovery as there is no way we are giving up hope. Will post again at some point with another update, sorry again for keeping you waiting. X

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE.. Thankyou all & sorry I haven't posted sooner... Will run through briefly events of what's been happening, Wilson is still seriously ill but everything possible is being done for him.My daughter & her partner made the decision to have him "opened up" a very hard decision to make as he was so weak & with the risk of the anaesthetic but they felt they were losing him anyway & all other tests including blood tests, barium meal, X-rays, ultrasound & endoscopy biopsy were coming back with no answers. He was operated on & internal biopsies were taken & the results are back that he has lymphangiectasia & protein losing enteropathy. The poor baby has certainly gone through so much ..he is still very very weak & has lost so much weight that it's heartbreaking to see but we are still hoping for him to make a recovery as there is no way we are giving up hope. Will post again at some point with another update, sorry again for keeping you waiting. X

Thank you.... We will all be praying for sweet Wilson and your family

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just now reading this, so very sad for all of you ;(

Am praying for Wilson and you, your daughter & family.

Sending hugs of comfort & strength to you.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
Thank you for the update. I was so afraid that he didn't make it. Will continue praying for Mr Wilson and your family. I hope that baby makes a fast recovery.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you for the update, we were all praying & hoping for good news. While the diagnosis isn't the best, its also not the worst. Now that they know what he's dealing with you can start treatment. From what I read, this can be managed with a special diet & meds - we are all still praying for that baby. Hugs to Mr. Wilson.

OP
J

Jolene94

Apr 21, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thankyou all for your kind words of support they are very much appreciated x

daviesdru

Jul 26, 2011
Jalisco
Country
Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickles
Hi, I have a dog now diagnosed with the same issue. Did you try the Herbsmith probiotic and, if so, what was the outcome. Hoping the puppy recovered.

LoveBug

Mar 29, 2018
Western Washington State
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bug
Hi, I have a dog now diagnosed with the same issue. Did you try the Herbsmith probiotic and, if so, what was the outcome. Hoping the puppy recovered.

Hi [MENTION=2875]daviesdru[/MENTION] and :welcome: sorry you are here on such a scary note! I think your best bet is to make a new thread with you questions. Hopefully some folks with experience with this issue will be able to advise you. Best of luck! What is your pups name? and we love pictures!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
If lymphangiectasy is a reason of PLE, you must feed him very low fat diet, in fact, high protein is also difficult to digest. Fat absorbs via lymph vessels, so it’s not good for him. The best would be chicken and rice or potato for now. I would Discuss with doctor therapy with prednisone, and metronidazole (tablets) which is antibacterial and anti protozoan med which also facilitates healing of intestinal wall. There is data that antibacterial therapy can help in some cases, so I would give metronidazole a try.
Diet you can assess after 2 weeks, so don’t be discouraged if it won’t help right now. If his blood test after 2 weeks shows higher level of albumin, then you know he is improving.
Dont give probiotics now, his system is so upset they won’t help and can even do worse. I would recommend though to give him this capsules with food

https://www.amazon.com/Herbsmith-Microflora-Capsule-Digestion-Capsules/dp/B009EUZ9LW

they contain enzymes for digestion ( he cannot really digest himself now and you can see him losing weight, these enzymes will do the job for him) and will help him to absorb more nutrients. They are quite effective.

daviesdru

Jul 26, 2011
Jalisco
Country
Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickles
His name is Pickles. Pickles 2018(1).jpg

Attachments

• Pickles 2018.JPG
    Pickles 2018.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 48