URGENT!!! Bulldog with enteropathy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience but want to say Jessica (TyTysmom) has you covered with excellent advice. sending you lots of prayers that your baby recovers quickly.

Please stay with us and keep us posted

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She has just picked him up from vets & telephoned me , vet is trying to get results back tomorrow, they have sent him home with anti inflammatory tablets, antibiotics & steroids & a different food, they have said they want him back in on Thursday, there is no change in the diarrhea as he 'went' while she was still at the vets, he has lost more weight & she is beside herself, sobbing on the telephone, it's asif the vet is saying there's nothing more he can do x

Bless her heart. Tell her to stay strong. Mr. Wilson needs her. I hate that they can't pin point something. Just throwing this out there, but can she take him to another vet, perhaps an ER one for a second opinion? Sometimes it takes a whole new vet coming in to find what's really wrong.

Have you located any probiotics?

OP
J

Jolene94

Apr 21, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Vet advised against pro biotics so she doesn't know what to do. I have told her to call another vet tomorrow for a second opinion, even asked if a blood transfusion would do any good but was told it wouldn't. He will not "open him up " to try & see what's going on because he is so weak & probably wouldn't survive the anaesthetic. He is a very precious boy & we are frightened of what's happening x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending many many prayers and positive thoughts.... please know we are all praying very hard for you baby.

i am surprised they are sending him home, I thought it would be better to stay with them and on IV fluids till the results come back

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Vet advised against pro biotics so she doesn't know what to do. I have told her to call another vet tomorrow for a second opinion, even asked if a blood transfusion would do any good but was told it wouldn't. He will not "open him up " to try & see what's going on because he is so weak & probably wouldn't survive the anaesthetic. He is a very precious boy & we are frightened of what's happening x

OK if this was me… I would take that baby to another vet STAT for a second opinion such as an emergency vet like [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] suggested. It sounds as if your vet is stumped, and if that's the case then she needs to step aside… it sounds to me as if time is at an essence in this case.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Personally - if he was my dog. I would have picked him up from that vet & driven directly to the closest ER for another opinion. Time is of the essence especially if his body is shutting down that quick. I have no clue why a vet would advise against probiotics.... probiotics help restore the entire intestinal track, and increase mobility, etc. I am not a vet - that's for sure, but even us humans should be taking probiotics they do wonders for us, with all the meds that poor boy has been on, he probably has zero good bacteria in there to help him fight the bad. This is why its such a great idea to take a probiotic especially while sick to help the body. This is all the advice I have - I will continue to pray for Mr. Wilson - but I highly highly push taking him NOW to another vet/ ER if possible. You will pay more yes, but it could mean saving his life.

OP
J

Jolene94

Apr 21, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thankyou Tysmom she is already trying to get hold of another vet now x will keep you posted x

Bendy

Feb 23, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Has chicken been his main source of protein? The only reason I'm asking is my dog loose dramatic weight on chicken, a few weeks ago I started mine on a new food and and chose a chicken based food to start him on within a week he'd lost weight to the point his back bone and ribs were showing, I have since changed to a different protein and he's started putting weight back on. Maybe your daughter should try cooking some mince beef and sweet potato instead of chicken and rice. And as other people have suggested get a second opinion.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
I absolutely agree with everyone that is saying to take him to an emergency vet STAT! Please, please take him there! They are open after hours and no appt necessary. My heart goes out to your family and Mr Wilson. :pray: Praying for him.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow, I am just reading this-- great advice already given, we will all be praying for you and paws crossed!!! :pray:

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Sending prayers for Mr Wilson!!! 40,000 Angels to surround this baby and give him strength!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What did [MENTION=3169]BellasMom[/MENTION] have going on with Bella? I can't remember what the name of it was.
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

*update*

EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=14077]Jolene94[/MENTION] - Please give us an update on Mr. Wilson this morning. Been thinking about him all night & morning.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I hope someone has helped you and your daughter. I am praying that he was taken to another vet and kept there with fluids/monitoring. Frank was not even in this dire of a condition and they kept him at the hospital for 3 days.

Waiting for an update. I know how scary this can be!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.