Thread: Bulldog with enteropathy

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog with enteropathy

Do you have an emergency vet clinic in your area? The may be able to get results back quicker then 48 hours, time is of the essence I would think. It's definitely something life threatening and it seems strange that they would make you wait 2 full days.

2. Likes TyTysmom, Harleysmommy liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

Thankyou & his names Mr Wilson x
    Will let you know if vet says anymore, nothing has shown up on any tests at present, we are waiting for biopsy results & are just being told that his protein levels are extremely dangerously low, & that obviously his body is leaking back the protein into his system that should be digested & stored. X

4. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

for Mr. Wilson
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have no experience but want to say Jessica (TyTysmom) has you covered with excellent advice. sending you lots of prayers that your baby recovers quickly.

Please stay with us and keep us posted
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene94 View Post
    She has just picked him up from vets & telephoned me , vet is trying to get results back tomorrow, they have sent him home with anti inflammatory tablets, antibiotics & steroids & a different food, they have said they want him back in on Thursday, there is no change in the diarrhea as he 'went' while she was still at the vets, he has lost more weight & she is beside herself, sobbing on the telephone, it's asif the vet is saying there's nothing more he can do x

Bless her heart. Tell her to stay strong. Mr. Wilson needs her. I hate that they can't pin point something. Just throwing this out there, but can she take him to another vet, perhaps an ER one for a second opinion? Sometimes it takes a whole new vet coming in to find what's really wrong.

Have you located any probiotics?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

9. Likes Harleysmommy, bullmama liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

Vet advised against pro biotics so she doesn't know what to do. I have told her to call another vet tomorrow for a second opinion, even asked if a blood transfusion would do any good but was told it wouldn't. He will not "open him up " to try & see what's going on because he is so weak & probably wouldn't survive the anaesthetic. He is a very precious boy & we are frightened of what's happening x

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

sending many many prayers and positive thoughts.... please know we are all praying very hard for you baby.

i am surprised they are sending him home, I thought it would be better to stay with them and on IV fluids till the results come back
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Vet advised against pro biotics so she doesn't know what to do. I have told her to call another vet tomorrow for a second opinion, even asked if a blood transfusion would do any good but was told it wouldn't. He will not "open him up " to try & see what's going on because he is so weak & probably wouldn't survive the anaesthetic. He is a very precious boy & we are frightened of what's happening x
    OK if this was me… I would take that baby to another vet STAT for a second opinion such as an emergency vet like @TyTysmom suggested. It sounds as if your vet is stumped, and if that's the case then she needs to step aside… it sounds to me as if time is at an essence in this case.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

13. Likes 2BullyMama, Harleysmommy liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Personally - if he was my dog. I would have picked him up from that vet & driven directly to the closest ER for another opinion. Time is of the essence especially if his body is shutting down that quick. I have no clue why a vet would advise against probiotics.... probiotics help restore the entire intestinal track, and increase mobility, etc. I am not a vet - that's for sure, but even us humans should be taking probiotics they do wonders for us, with all the meds that poor boy has been on, he probably has zero good bacteria in there to help him fight the bad. This is why its such a great idea to take a probiotic especially while sick to help the body. This is all the advice I have - I will continue to pray for Mr. Wilson - but I highly highly push taking him NOW to another vet/ ER if possible. You will pay more yes, but it could mean saving his life.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

15. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

Thankyou Tysmom she is already trying to get hold of another vet now x will keep you posted x

17. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sending prayers for Mr Wilson

Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike
    Likes (Received)

Has chicken been his main source of protein? The only reason I'm asking is my dog loose dramatic weight on chicken, a few weeks ago I started mine on a new food and and chose a chicken based food to start him on within a week he'd lost weight to the point his back bone and ribs were showing, I have since changed to a different protein and he's started putting weight back on. Maybe your daughter should try cooking some mince beef and sweet potato instead of chicken and rice. And as other people have suggested get a second opinion.

20. Likes 2BullyMama, bullmama liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads