I just bought my first English Bulldog and he already has an pneumonia

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh and vinegar is a great cleaner in general anyhow. :) I have found that it actually cleans and shines better than most household cleaners, esp windex! It does not disinfect tho fyi. (My sister was thinking it did when she started using it to clean everything.)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Great to hear that you've found some good vets. Has the kennel told you anything about his progress? Too bad they won't release him to you. For sure you can look after him with better care. We use vinegar often too. We probably go through a jug a week.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would question why they won't give him back to you .. you paid for him, and so unless they have given you your money back I am sure you are entitled to take the puppy back especially as you want to take him to another vet for a second opinion.

I would also ask what treatment he is receiving at this "kennel" ... is he on antibiotics, and if so what.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Pnuemonia is fluid in the lungs. He needs love, cuddles, meds, water, and to stay warm. No outside. He doesn't need to be contained. I call BS. Get your puppy back before they sell him to another family.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have to agree with [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] - something is amiss here. I would demand the puppy be returned to you immediately now that you have found an appropriate and experienced vet.

All this discussion of "containment" and "disinfecting" would suggest that pneumonia is a virus that is catchy. It isn't. It's an infection caused by fluid in the lungs that is usually treated with a strong antibiotic.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I personally have had pneumonia, it sucks. It is miserable and I wanted to die just so I would feel better. With that said at the time I had it I had a small baby. My doctor is a family practice so he saw both of us ie he new I had a young baby, he assured me it is not transmittable . She never got sick, even though she slept with me. So there really isn't a need to worry about contamination. I would go demand my puppy back also, make sure he was warm dry clean fed had plenty of fluid ect. I agree that you need t get him back, before you never see him or your money again. If they say no then ask for your money back, I'm sure they would rather give him back than give you a refund. I'm sure this will void your "warranty" with them however so you will have to most likely have go cover medical cost , which shouldn't be anywhere near 3 grand a night or really at this poit 3 grand at all. I wish you the best of luck with whatever it is that is happening here.

OP
C

CANNOLI12

Feb 4, 2011
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Cannoli
Hi Everyone!
Cannoli is back home!!!!! He is doing great....I will be bringing him to my vet this week to make sure he is 100% ok as the kennel was taking care of him but it looks like they did a great job! It's been 3 weeks and we are so happy for him to be home!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is excellent news! Now you must share some pictures! :up:

L

Lucy-licious

So glad Cannoli is better now. And i second [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] request "Pictures please!"

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wonderful news that he is finally well and back at home .... :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.