Urgent: Harvey's penis is bleeding

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Praying for you today - will be checking all throughout the day for an update on Harvey.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Oh no...poor little guy. Hoping its nothing serious. We will be thinking about him today!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any news [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
harveyspecter

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Harvey just turned 11 mos. old. Yesterday, I noticed few blood drips from his penis. Overnight, there was blood in his crate and when I led him to the yard, he started dripping. I only notice this when the penis is exposed, when it is retracted, the bleeding stops. He touches shrubberies when he pees, so a tough branch could have rubbed against his privates and injured it. I was reading in the forum from other posts that this could be prolapsed urethra. Not sure. The blood drip does not happen when his private is retracted. Will visit the vet 1st thing in the a.m.

if this a prolapse, is surgery necessary, or could this be cured with steroids? What are the options. I am observing him closely and he is asleep.

Sorry but we just came back from Dr. Butchko’s office allthe way from Riverside, CA.
Background:
Saturday, I noticed that Harvey squirted few blood dropsfrom his penis. Sunday, there was blood in his crate and as I led himto the yard, Harvey was dripping blood, no he was spewting blood from hispenis.
Horrific as it may sound, From all of this, I did not see aball like tissue forming at the tip of his penis so I felt somewhat relievedbut not really. The tissue is typical ofa prolapse urethra.
I have been emailing Dr. Kraemer about the possibility of aprolapse yesterday. He was gracious torespond to my emails. He said that it iscritical that he sees Harvey. He saidthat in the early going if it is early enough, he can “pexy” the prolapserather than perform the surgery. Not surewhat that meant. He said to call for anappointment by Monday by 9:00 today but I thought that was way too late.
So, I told my wife, can’t wait that long, so Dr. Butchko itis all the way to Riverside, CA.
So Dr. Means pulled and expose his penis to show saw the smalllaceration at the tip. She asked if Inotice any females in the neighborhood that are in heat. Obviously, Harvey is getting overly excited. I told the vet that he is very fond of this alligator squeaky toy thathe likes sucking and humping. Shesuggested to keep it away. As he is excited and exposed, his penis is rubbingagainst a rough surface, hence the laceration. That is one possibility. He also likes to go on top of shrubberies andthe rough branches could be rubbing him too.
I asked if it was closed to being a prolapse, she said notyet but it is potential if he keeps rubbing himself. She suggested keeping him calm and taking thetoy away if it is the main thing that induces him to get excited. She said that getting him neutered willobviously address the overexcitement.
Sunday was one my most grueling and stressful day needlessto say. I was cuddling the littlesausage and trying to keep him comfortable the whole day. Did not get any sleep and stayed up all nightkeeping an eye on the little booger. Idid not see anymore bleeding during this time, a little relief.
So bottomline, it was a cut but not serious as a prolapse(not yet). The doc gave himantibiotics.
Watch your babies when they pee. Harvey likes to go on top of shrubberies andit is dangerous especially when their privates touch rough surfaces/branches.
For all those that communicated genuine concern and offered prayers,along with mine,I am glad to say that they were answered. I fully appreciate it.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear this, thank you so much! I hope he feels all better real quick and I hope and pray he is healed enough to go this Sunday!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sorry but we just came back from Dr. Butchko’s office allthe way from Riverside, CA.
Background:
Saturday, I noticed that Harvey squirted few blood dropsfrom his penis. Sunday, there was blood in his crate and as I led himto the yard, Harvey was dripping blood, no he was spewting blood from hispenis.
Horrific as it may sound, From all of this, I did not see aball like tissue forming at the tip of his penis so I felt somewhat relievedbut not really. The tissue is typical ofa prolapse urethra.
I have been emailing Dr. Kraemer about the possibility of aprolapse yesterday. He was gracious torespond to my emails. He said that it iscritical that he sees Harvey. He saidthat in the early going if it is early enough, he can “pexy” the prolapserather than perform the surgery. Not surewhat that meant. He said to call for anappointment by Monday by 9:00 today but I thought that was way too late.
So, I told my wife, can’t wait that long, so Dr. Butchko itis all the way to Riverside, CA.
So Dr. Means pulled and expose his penis to show saw the smalllaceration at the tip. She asked if Inotice any females in the neighborhood that are in heat. Obviously, Harvey is getting overly excited. I told the vet that he is very fond of this alligator squeaky toy thathe likes sucking and humping. Shesuggested to keep it away. As he is excited and exposed, his penis is rubbingagainst a rough surface, hence the laceration. That is one possibility. He also likes to go on top of shrubberies andthe rough branches could be rubbing him too.
I asked if it was closed to being a prolapse, she said notyet but it is potential if he keeps rubbing himself. She suggested keeping him calm and taking thetoy away if it is the main thing that induces him to get excited. She said that getting him neutered willobviously address the overexcitement.
Sunday was one my most grueling and stressful day needlessto say. I was cuddling the littlesausage and trying to keep him comfortable the whole day. Did not get any sleep and stayed up all nightkeeping an eye on the little booger. Idid not see anymore bleeding during this time, a little relief.
So bottomline, it was a cut but not serious as a prolapse(not yet). The doc gave himantibiotics.
Watch your babies when they pee. Harvey likes to go on top of shrubberies andit is dangerous especially when their privates touch rough surfaces/branches.
For all those that communicated genuine concern and offered prayers,along with mine,I am glad to say that they were answered. I fully appreciate it.

This is wonderful news! I've been waiting all day for an update on him. I am so very happy its just a scratch. I'm laughing that he's getting too excited. hee hee... poor Harvey can't have his gator friend anymore. At least the bushes, and things like that you can kinda of control and not let him get into. Poor baby. I know how worried you must have been, I've been there soooo many times. So So So happy he's gonna be okay :) Give him lots & lots of hugs and kisses from me & Ty-Ty!!:smoochwink:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Really great news. Keep him away from that alligator and shrubs and all should be fine. Even though I have no doubt Harvey will miss his alligator friend very much..lol..

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
See, it is dangerous to mess with an alligator:w00t: Very happy that [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] is okay! Later Gator,much later!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I'm just seeing this but I'm so glad poor little Harvey is ok. Now to keep him from getting excited...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So relieved...just very sorry knowing how much you worried about
your lil man.

Thank you too, for duly educating us...knowledge is power and we
sure need it for our bullie loves.

Group hugs!

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
How neat to hear and basically thats what i was saying about my friends male who had same thing wrong with him but he actually had a female bully lol to get him excited. hlad he is okay.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
So glad that it was just a scratch! I feel bad for Harvey because he is losing his makeshift g/f but she was obviously no good for him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.