Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Harvey just turned 11 mos. old. Yesterday, I noticed few blood drips from his penis. Overnight, there was blood in his crate and when I led him to the yard, he started dripping. I only notice this when the penis is exposed, when it is retracted, the bleeding stops. He touches shrubberies when he pees, so a tough branch could have rubbed against his privates and injured it. I was reading in the forum from other posts that this could be prolapsed urethra. Not sure. The blood drip does not happen when his private is retracted. Will visit the vet 1st thing in the a.m.

if this a prolapse, is surgery necessary, or could this be cured with steroids? What are the options. I am observing him closely and he is asleep.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Next time try to get a picture.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I don't have any experience w/this… I'm so sorry, NOT our baby Harvey!!! :fie: I'm going to tag some people… sending prayers and please keep us posted!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If it is a prolaspe, I am pretty sure it will need to be corrected via surgery... but a picture will help, if you can get one.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it will need surgery asap, hope he's okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
How interesting you would post this because just the day before yesterday I was at the vet with a friend who had a male and his penis was erect and the tech said he scratched it somehow and she showed her the blood on her hand from it. They were doing a AI and using her male. But anyways she called it something and said with it being out it will bleed and I ask then how do you take care of something like that on a male? Both my friend and the tech said it will heal on it's own after it goes back in. The tech said it doesn't get bothered and it heals on it's own. How weird because I was completely floored but again I don't own a male so I have never heard of anything like that. The tech pointed out the scratch on it which I didn't see but his owner did and neither one seemed concerned. My friend left and that was it. Maybe that is what is wrong with your guy?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The vet will be able to tell you if it's scratched or prolapsed. Fingers crossed it's just a scratch.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh no! Prayers for Harvey I hope it's nothing serious! Please keep us updated!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Praying it is only a scratch and Harvey will be better soon!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry to see this, it's probably prolapsed like Christine said, he needs to get to the vet and they'll get it fixed up. I'm so sorry. A big kiss to Harvey!

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
So sorry to hear about your bully, these guys keep us on our feet don't they?hopefully it's just a scratch and nothing more, sending positive thoughts

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If it's a prolapse it needs surgery, but it can be something else too, so just wait for the diagnosis to see what needs to be done.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's 6:30 am so doubt you've seen Vet yet but just saw this
and wanted you to know y'all have my prayers it's a scratch
and no prolapse.

Will be waiting (with all) for your update.
Sending big hugs to you both <3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.