Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Urgent: Harvey's penis is bleeding

for Harvey.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

If it's a prolapse it needs surgery, but it can be something else too, so just wait for the diagnosis to see what needs to be done.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

It's 6:30 am so doubt you've seen Vet yet but just saw this
    and wanted you to know y'all have my prayers it's a scratch
    and no prolapse.

Will be waiting (with all) for your update.
    Sending big hugs to you both <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Praying for you today - will be checking all throughout the day for an update on Harvey.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

5. Likes dolphin, harveyspecter liked this post
    Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)

Oh no...poor little guy. Hoping its nothing serious. We will be thinking about him today!

7. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Any news @harveyspecter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

9. Likes dolphin, harveyspecter liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Any news @harveyspecter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please let us know how Harvey is doing?!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

11. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

waiting patiently.

13. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    waiting patiently.
    Me too - @harveyspecter worried... please let us know something.

My whole heart, Tyson.

15. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    Harvey just turned 11 mos. old. Yesterday, I noticed few blood drips from his penis. Overnight, there was blood in his crate and when I led him to the yard, he started dripping. I only notice this when the penis is exposed, when it is retracted, the bleeding stops. He touches shrubberies when he pees, so a tough branch could have rubbed against his privates and injured it. I was reading in the forum from other posts that this could be prolapsed urethra. Not sure. The blood drip does not happen when his private is retracted. Will visit the vet 1st thing in the a.m.

if this a prolapse, is surgery necessary, or could this be cured with steroids? What are the options. I am observing him closely and he is asleep.

Sorry but we just came back from Dr. Butchko’s office allthe way from Riverside, CA.
    Background:
    Saturday, I noticed that Harvey squirted few blood dropsfrom his penis. Sunday, there was blood in his crate and as I led himto the yard, Harvey was dripping blood, no he was spewting blood from hispenis.
    Horrific as it may sound, From all of this, I did not see aball like tissue forming at the tip of his penis so I felt somewhat relievedbut not really. The tissue is typical ofa prolapse urethra.
    I have been emailing Dr. Kraemer about the possibility of aprolapse yesterday. He was gracious torespond to my emails. He said that it iscritical that he sees Harvey. He saidthat in the early going if it is early enough, he can “pexy” the prolapserather than perform the surgery. Not surewhat that meant. He said to call for anappointment by Monday by 9:00 today but I thought that was way too late.
    So, I told my wife, can’t wait that long, so Dr. Butchko itis all the way to Riverside, CA.
    So Dr. Means pulled and expose his penis to show saw the smalllaceration at the tip. She asked if Inotice any females in the neighborhood that are in heat. Obviously, Harvey is getting overly excited. I told the vet that he is very fond of this alligator squeaky toy thathe likes sucking and humping. Shesuggested to keep it away. As he is excited and exposed, his penis is rubbingagainst a rough surface, hence the laceration. That is one possibility. He also likes to go on top of shrubberies andthe rough branches could be rubbing him too.
    I asked if it was closed to being a prolapse, she said notyet but it is potential if he keeps rubbing himself. She suggested keeping him calm and taking thetoy away if it is the main thing that induces him to get excited. She said that getting him neutered willobviously address the overexcitement.
    Sunday was one my most grueling and stressful day needlessto say. I was cuddling the littlesausage and trying to keep him comfortable the whole day. Did not get any sleep and stayed up all nightkeeping an eye on the little booger. Idid not see anymore bleeding during this time, a little relief.
    So bottomline, it was a cut but not serious as a prolapse(not yet). The doc gave himantibiotics.
    Watch your babies when they pee. Harvey likes to go on top of shrubberies andit is dangerous especially when their privates touch rough surfaces/branches.
    For all those that communicated genuine concern and offered prayers,along with mine,I am glad to say that they were answered. I fully appreciate it.

Hug your bully today

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good to hear this, thank you so much! I hope he feels all better real quick and I hope and pray he is healed enough to go this Sunday!

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    Sorry but we just came back from Dr. Butchko’s office allthe way from Riverside, CA.
    Background:
    Saturday, I noticed that Harvey squirted few blood dropsfrom his penis. Sunday, there was blood in his crate and as I led himto the yard, Harvey was dripping blood, no he was spewting blood from hispenis.
    Horrific as it may sound, From all of this, I did not see aball like tissue forming at the tip of his penis so I felt somewhat relievedbut not really. The tissue is typical ofa prolapse urethra.
    I have been emailing Dr. Kraemer about the possibility of aprolapse yesterday. He was gracious torespond to my emails. He said that it iscritical that he sees Harvey. He saidthat in the early going if it is early enough, he can “pexy” the prolapserather than perform the surgery. Not surewhat that meant. He said to call for anappointment by Monday by 9:00 today but I thought that was way too late.
    So, I told my wife, can’t wait that long, so Dr. Butchko itis all the way to Riverside, CA.
    So Dr. Means pulled and expose his penis to show saw the smalllaceration at the tip. She asked if Inotice any females in the neighborhood that are in heat. Obviously, Harvey is getting overly excited. I told the vet that he is very fond of this alligator squeaky toy thathe likes sucking and humping. Shesuggested to keep it away. As he is excited and exposed, his penis is rubbingagainst a rough surface, hence the laceration. That is one possibility. He also likes to go on top of shrubberies andthe rough branches could be rubbing him too.
    I asked if it was closed to being a prolapse, she said notyet but it is potential if he keeps rubbing himself. She suggested keeping him calm and taking thetoy away if it is the main thing that induces him to get excited. She said that getting him neutered willobviously address the overexcitement.
    Sunday was one my most grueling and stressful day needlessto say. I was cuddling the littlesausage and trying to keep him comfortable the whole day. Did not get any sleep and stayed up all nightkeeping an eye on the little booger. Idid not see anymore bleeding during this time, a little relief.
    So bottomline, it was a cut but not serious as a prolapse(not yet). The doc gave himantibiotics.
    Watch your babies when they pee. Harvey likes to go on top of shrubberies andit is dangerous especially when their privates touch rough surfaces/branches.
    For all those that communicated genuine concern and offered prayers,along with mine,I am glad to say that they were answered. I fully appreciate it.
    This is wonderful news! I've been waiting all day for an update on him. I am so very happy its just a scratch. I'm laughing that he's getting too excited. hee hee... poor Harvey can't have his gator friend anymore. At least the bushes, and things like that you can kinda of control and not let him get into. Poor baby. I know how worried you must have been, I've been there soooo many times. So So So happy he's gonna be okay Give him lots & lots of hugs and kisses from me & Ty-Ty!!

My whole heart, Tyson.

19. Likes harveyspecter, Manydogs liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads