Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Drug alert FDA cat and dogs

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation Drug alert FDA cat and dogs

ISSUE: FDA is alerting pet owners, veterinarians, health care providers and pharmacists that pets are at risk of illness and death when exposed to topical pain medications containing the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) flurbiprofen. People using these medications should use care when applying them in a household with pets, as even very small amounts could be dangerous to these animals.
    The FDA received reports of cats in two households that became ill or died after their owners used topical medications containing flurbiprofen on themselves to treat muscle, joint, or other pain. The pet owners had applied the cream or lotion to their own neck or feet, and not directly to the pet, and it is not known exactly how the cats became exposed to the medication. The products contained the NSAID flurbiprofen and the muscle relaxer cyclobenzaprine, as well as other varying active ingredients, including baclofen, gabapentin, lidocaine, or prilocaine.
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

2. Likes nycbullymama, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    United States
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Drug alert FDA cat and dogs

thanks for the info, Lyn..
    Hug your bully today

4. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    I attract cops like flies Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Katy, TX
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Drug alert FDA cat and dogs

Great info - Thank you Lynn!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Remove Ads