mugginsmama

Apr 9, 2015
Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly Mabella
Hi!

Was wondering if anyone has had their bully have a reaction of horrendous diarrhea from taking Sentinel or Zyrtec. Molly had a vet appointment and I was told to start her on allergy medicine. She'd only had Benedryl before and the doc said I could try Zyrtec. And it was time to refill her heartworm/flea medicine. Not using my brain, I came home and gave her both. By the next day she had horrible diarrhea. It cleared up after a day and she's fine now. I haven't tried Zyrtec again and Sentinel she won't take again til next month.

The vet said it could be either and to try the Zyrtec again on its own but my husband thinks that's caused the potty situation.

Anyone ever have their bulldog respond in that way to either or those meds???

Thank you!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I just looked up the side effects for Sentinel and it does list diarrhea so I'm thinking that's what caused it.

I've had Blue throw up from a flea/tick medication once. Diarrhea was also one of the side effects for it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I give Wally Zyrtec almost daily, and I've never noticed any loose stools… of course each bully is different!!!

OP
mugginsmama

mugginsmama

Apr 9, 2015
Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly Mabella
Thank you!!!! I'm sneaking her a Zyrtec today to see! The Sentinel is for parasites too so I really think that's it.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Never had a problem using Zyrtec or Benadryl. One of my dogs did have a mild seizure from sentinel though. I was told to give it again to see if that caused it but I wasn't about o take a chance of another seizure. Scared me to death! No problems with loose stools though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.