Update on Abbott's eye....

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Well his stitches were removed today and now we wait...Optomologist said he absolutely doesn't want to do anymore surgeries unless its a last resort.He suggested doing botox to paralyze his lid to keep it from rolling if it keeps up.I'm sooo nervous about that!! And of course our bully would get botox before me.lol So we shall see as time goes on..Cross your paws everyone [emoji190]

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh… I'm so sorry to hear about poor Abbott's eyes. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers :pray:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
paws crossed! interesting about the botox. never heard of using it for this but it makes sense.

(psst.. ask your vet much they charge for frown lines..lol)

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Poor Abbott, it's so hard when our babies are not feeling well. I work with Botox a lot at our derm office,it's amazing ! Don't be scared, on humans it has to be injected about every three months, cuz our body metabolizes it, I wonder how the results are on canine's. Well I am sending prayers this will end soon and Abbott's eyes will be healthy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
fingers, toes, paws and everything else is crossed for Abbott....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Praying for sweet Abbott! I hope this is it, and he won't need any further procedures. Hugs for that sweet boy!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Praying for Abbott - I know how hard it can be with eye issues. And OHHHHHHHH those dreaded cones.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending love for Abbott and you, thank you for updating us!
Will keep y'all and his eye issues in prayer, GOD can fix anything.

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you all for your thoughts and healing prayers :) @ luvmytuker they told us 3 to 4 months for the Botox then repeat as necessary!!

blitz

Apr 19, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
chuck
Well his stitches were removed today and now we wait...Optomologist said he absolutely doesn't want to do anymore surgeries unless its a last resort.He suggested doing botox to paralyze his lid to keep it from rolling if it keeps up.I'm sooo nervous about that!! And of course our bully would get botox before me.lol So we shall see as time goes on..Cross your paws everyone [emoji190]
Sorry I can't find your original post regarding his eye surgery.. Hope all is well now.
Was wondering if it had to do with his folds potentially making him blind? My Chuck needs the same surgery.. We plan to get him fixed and his eye surgery at same time... Thoughts??

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry I can't find your original post regarding his eye surgery.. Hope all is well now.
Was wondering if it had to do with his folds potentially making him blind? My Chuck needs the same surgery.. We plan to get him fixed and his eye surgery at same time... Thoughts??
They will usually do the surgery for fear of it permanently damaging their corneas.That is a great idea to do both surgeries at the same time.The least amount of times they are put under the better :) It wasn't about his folds he's actually an Olde English but more about the constant rubbing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.