Katie demes

Aug 31, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
Hi my bulldog is shedding massively to the point where her her skin is becoming visible on her neck and chest ( her fur is white in this area so maybe that's why it's more clear ) she is also scratching a lot too. Is this just season change ? Are ur bully's the same ATM? She eats a grain free kibble of high quality and has done for most of her life so I don't think it's that as this is only recent but her hair is shedding that much now that u can see all the loose hair on her body. I have also checked her for fleas and she is clear and up to date on her flea treatment. Her itching is worse in a morning for some reason ? Anyone else having this or should I go vets ? Thanks x

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I think you should contact the vet to find out what this could be.

Has she got a new kind of flea treatment? For tick protection, Castor last year got Frontline and ended up with a an almost bald and very itchy patch on his neck/back, and then he suddenly developed an ear infection. We didn't really see the connection at first but in hindsight we think Frontline was the culprit.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Ours are shedding like crazy but not scratching really.You can see skin on our boys sides.But if you are seeing any raised bumps or red spots it could be demodex mange.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is a mess right now, shedding like crazy (blowing his winter coat, even though we live in FL) and VERY itchy due to environmental allergies. I have been giving him 2 Benadryl every morning and every night due to the itchiness. His eyes are so goopy in the morning, but every bush and plant we have are now in bloom. It has been high 80's here for over 2 weeks. Do you give Benadryl?? 1 pill for every 25 lbs. It makes them sleepy but really helps with the itchiness!! When Vegas had mange a couple years ago he had crusted sores on his back legs. Is there crusted sores??

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.