Zombiefallout

Mar 4, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
My little guy is 18 weeks old. At 15 weeks he had bloody urine. Brought him to vet checked urine found blood and just the beginnings of increased white blood cells. Only change had been beef. I feed raw diet, mostly turkey and duck, my parents accidentally fed my labs raw beef meal. Put on antibiotics cleared almost immediately, then 5 days in found blood again after accidentally getting beef again. Vet felt finishing out antibiotics should work especially since absolutely no other symptoms.

Fast forward to today, 18 weeks, Henry was given Bison just for today. After dinner he had red colored urine. I'm trying to decide if I should get him to vet tomorrow or see if it clears after a few days of duck and turkey. When the vet checked his urine last time there was no crystallization. Is this an allergy? What could it be? Should I go to vet right away or wait a few days? Henry seems fine in every other way. No lethargy and no excessive urinating etc.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would be back at the vet.... not sure if that is an allergy and never heard of it being a symptom of one. I tagged Riikka as she is a raw feeder and may have some info from that aspect

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have not heard of anything like this happening after a specific protein, but I would take him to the vets and ask for full blood work. I don't wan't alarm you, but red urine doesn't sound normal by any means. Hope you find out it's nothing and clears out soon!

OP
Zombiefallout

Zombiefallout

Mar 4, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
So I checked his urine first thing this morning and it was rust color. I called the vet to schedule appointment. We're going in tomorrow morning. I just checked him a few minutes ago and his urine was clear. I'll still bring him in and get him checked. Of course I fed duck this morning. It's just weird.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I checked his urine first thing this morning and it was rust color. I called the vet to schedule appointment. We're going in tomorrow morning. I just checked him a few minutes ago and his urine was clear. I'll still bring him in and get him checked. Of course I fed duck this morning. It's just weird.

:hmm: please keep us posted as to what the vet determines. sending prayers it is nothing serious

OP
Zombiefallout

Zombiefallout

Mar 4, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Not much to update yet. Went to vet this morning, but we were only able to get a small sample. He's a little fun shy when something is put under there. it was clear colored but positive for blood. They need a larger sample. When we went last time it wasn't his regular vet, she was out sick. The records don't specify if the blood was spun out to confirm the type. She's hesitant to start antibiotics again until she gets a full test confirmation. She said there is a possibility that it is a red meat protein issue that may not be filtering properly and if that's the case we just need to stop all red meat.
His urine has been clear since the meat was stopped so before we go throwing antibiotics at it I think it's good to try and get full testing. Just waiting on Henry for that ☺️
I'll update when the tests is done!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.