OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
For about a month now Belle has been shedding like crazy. Before this she rarely dropped any hair so this has been a big change. I'm assuming it's from the season change?? She has been itching a good bit more and today I noticed two tiny spots on her coat where the hair is thin. The skin is not red and it's not flaky. Any ideas? We swapped her to Fromm from Blue Buffalo about a week before all of this happened. Does this sound like typical seasonal issues or should I examine her food more closely? She's on the pork and applesauce. She also gets coconut oil and greek yogurt daily.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If you can take a pic of the spots that would help… it could be seasonal alopecia, is it on her flanks?!!

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Brett started shedding a lot than normal and seen few spots wasn't red at that time now it's confirmed it's mange. Hopefully that's not the case for you.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hmmm, the pork & applesauce isn't grain free I think......Maybe try pork & peas? Or any of the "grain free" flavors. Could be the culprit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I don't think it's mange...I'm familiar with it and it really looks to be more of an allergy issue. There is no redness and the areas are tiny. It's more of like a dent in her fur than even a bald spot. I tried to take a picture but it isn't really visible. I feel like an idiot because I didn't realize that the pork and applesauce formula isn't grain free :ashamed: I'm going out today to get her a grain free formula and we will switch her immediately. Hopefully that does the trick!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel had the same problem on a small scale. Adding a little coconut oil to her food helped. We're now adding Life's Abundance Fish Oil for Dogs and Cats to her food and have seen a reduction in the shedding.

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Okay, I picked up a bag of Earthborn Holistic grain free fish formula...fingers crossed!! Unfortunately the closest Fromm dealer is an hour away so I'm giving this brand a shot.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Okay, I picked up a bag of Earthborn Holistic grain free fish formula...fingers crossed!! Unfortunately the closest Fromm dealer is an hour away so I'm giving this brand a shot.

I've got some Earthborn coupons if you want them, let me know. I have four of them, no exp. date

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I've got some Earthborn coupons if you want them, let me know. I have four of them, no exp. date

Oh gosh YES! That would be amazing! :D Should I message you my address?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.