Is this a wart? what is this? worried..

Machenka Mcnamara

Apr 5, 2015
hi I'm new here. I have a 3 year old bullie named Bella. Today I discovered what seemed to be like a wart. I was told it could be a tick but it's cold where I'm living and she's only been in the back yard and on walks around the subdivision . I'm worried but want other opinions before rushing to the vets if it's nothing serious. DSC_1005.jpgDSC_0994.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is that two pictures of the same bump or two different things?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Is that two pictures of the same bump or two different things?

That is the same question I was going to ask. The red one looks like it may be a hystiocytoma. The other looks more wartlike-but could be the same. Hystiocytomas are benign tumors, but should still be removed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am thinking it is a type of growth that will just go away on it's own... histiocytoma, but a vet can remove them if necessary. I tagged a few members with experience, but they may not respond till later or tomorrow.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
No, ticks do not look bumpy like that. When they are full of blood, they look like a gray Lima bean. When first attached, they are brown,but not bumpy

OP
M

Machenka Mcnamara

Apr 5, 2015
Thank you, I didn't think it was a tick especially since it's cold here where Iive and she's only gone to the backyard lol. I'm worried about it but I'm going to keep my eye on it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It looks like a hystiocytoma but may not be, since Bella is only 3 years old I would go to the vet to have it checked, growths like this are very common, especially in seniors. If it were a hystiocytoma for sure I wouldn't be too worried but the second pic looks dark and different- what color is it actually?

OP
M

Machenka Mcnamara

Apr 5, 2015
It looks like a hystiocytoma but may not be, since Bella is only 3 years old I would go to the vet to have it checked, growths like this are very common, especially in seniors. If it were a hystiocytoma for sure I wouldn't be too worried but the second pic looks dark and different- what color is it actually?

It's a brown, pink colour. It's fully attached to the skin but his now red and inflamed she scratched it and it bled a bit. U can see it popping out of the hair it's not covered anymore. Everyone is saying it's a tick but she's only been in the backyard and hasn't gotten any bigger just more irritated. I'm thinking it's a hystiocytoma as well and.I'm taking her to the vets in a few days. The whole tick thing really freaked me out haha

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Let us know how her vet appointment goes, yes you are correct, not a tick.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online