madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
as most of you know frank had a 3 day 'vacation' at the vet hospital and is currently recovering from that. he has been on beef & sweet potato baby food for about 2 weeks now and we've been slowly transitioning him to fromm lamb and lentil. transition started 3 days ago.

I think I have been in denial. i noticed on the lower part of his belly that he looked like this when he came home from his stay at the hospital. (he was shaved for the ultrasounds) so I chalked it up to his hair growing back/being irritated?

lower belly/leg area:
IMG_0611.jpg

and then i noticed one of his armpits looks the same with some hairloss. his other armpit looks great, very normal. This armpit area has been trouble before (with hair loss, etc) but he has never had that black stuff in the hair follicles. I just washed the area down and some of it seems to come off just a little, but I'm still at a loss as to what's going on. could it be allergies flaring up from the baby food we've had to feed him? His chin is also broken out like crazy.

Armpit area:
IMG_0610.jpg

wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.... I will be calling to make a vet appointment tomorrow morning

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Frank... he is having a rough time of it. it could be a reaction, but I am really not sure -- have you bathed him since coming home?

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
He got a bath at the vet the morning we brought him home but no bath since then. Wonder if I should get him in a tub and scrub him down. I'll probably just wait and see what the vet says... there is definitely something going on! Oh Frank, you keep me on my toes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.